Series 3 Reprint
    Nieuport 17
    Albatros D.III
    RAF R.E.8
    Ufag C.I

WGS

WGS Series 7

• Donations

If you like our website and want to give something back, you can make a donation.

Please select a preferred amount of the donation, and then click the poster image below.

Donation Amount
  • How to make a strips for decks with bases

In 2012 I made (and I am still updating it) a collection of strips for maneuvre cards decks with bases, few minutes age a manueal for making strips without bases, so here is the manual for the second variant. The strips is a little different - check it. Do you see? On sidewith marking is longer!

Related links:

* Photo of storage with strips without bases.

OK, let's create!

1. Prepare all the necessary tools: common knife, snap-off knife, scissors, rigid glue, ruler and...yes, table (surprised?).

2. Find the correct strip and carefully cut it out. It is much better to attach ruler from the side you want to protect from cutting off.

3. Now you have just cut out strip. Now you need to create common grooves for bending. About uncommon grooves we will talk later.

4. See the grey lines and attach to them the ruler (may be about 0,5 mm from it - you must count with own thickenss of the knife).

5. With a dull side of the blade swipe approximately five times over gray line. A little press, but not much.

6. Attention crucial momentis here: it is necessary to precisely bend the longer side of the tape, but not to an acute angle - you need rather circular bend. Hold the strip on both sides in both hands (there is only one hand on the photo - I needed to take a photo) and to estimate the place on the long side, which probably needs to be done round the bend. Now this place drag twice or three times over the edge of the table.

7. Do you see the difference between two types of stripes? Compare them.

8. Glue the edge part of the strip - be carefull, work with clean fingers.

9. Carefully thread the strip back on the deck and slowly glue. So far, only lightly so you can make the corrections. When you're certain position, press your fingers and hold it few seconds.

10. At the end of the work very carefully cut off the excess part.

11. Now everything is done. Congratulations

This article was originally published in forum thread: How to make a strips for decks with bases started by Dan-Sam View original post
  • Recent Posts

matt56

Things That Walk into Museums

Lovely 'find', Mike! I echo others' comments about it being a wonderful little game, and so unique at the time, too - the view from the cockpit

matt56 Today, 03:36 Go to last post
    milcoll73

January 2020 Workbench

well, if youre at origins this year, you can.

milcoll73 Today, 03:21 Go to last post
    milcoll73

January 2020 Workbench

very nice! im kind of partial to the little ft17s. ive got 5 of them myself; us army, usmc, canadian, fremch, and german.

milcoll73 Today, 03:19 Go to last post
    Hedeby

Ooh very nice, I remember first playing that at school

Hedeby Today, 03:18 Go to last post
    atc_engineer

Night Bomber Solo Rules?

Thanks Peter, looking forward to reading them as it’s a shame there isn’t any official rules for the night time raids etc?

atc_engineer Today, 02:22 Go to last post
    flash

That's nice. Found in a wall you say ?
    Wonder if the renovator will find the owner's remains in another one - clearly his SWMBO must have done

flash Today, 02:15 Go to last post
    Honza

Seen this time ago on FB Solitaire War Games page

Honza Today, 01:43 Go to last post
    Flying Officer Kyte

Great little windfall Mike.
    There are perks to being a volunteer after all.
    Well deserved sir.
    Rob.

Flying Officer Kyte Today, 01:30 Go to last post
    Dwarflord22

Database Error

I just received multiple "database errors" when trying to log in around 10:40pm CST on Jan 24

Dwarflord22 Yesterday, 21:43 Go to last post
    Teaticket

January 2020 Workbench

Do 335s by Dave will be nice. The Shapeways ones have so much less detail.

Teaticket Yesterday, 19:47 Go to last post
    BobP

January 2020 Workbench

When Jager (Karl) posted photos of the jets he has I noticed, and he replied, that they were AIM models. I also noticed what appeared to be 2 Ar 234's

BobP Yesterday, 19:05 Go to last post
    BobP

January 2020 Workbench

As always fantastic job. I also like the Sumoas. I had a few Heller 1/72 models along with a Char B Bis 1 (Matchbox) 1/76 which I think Revell now makes

BobP Yesterday, 18:55 Go to last post
    Teaticket

January 2020 Workbench

My favorites are Somuas. I had to touch these up last week as they had a ding or two from the move out of Maine.

Teaticket Yesterday, 18:02 Go to last post
    Von Scharf

I owned a copy of this game. When I saw the cover, I had a little flashback. Each player would pick a move and it would cross reference to a page for

Von Scharf Yesterday, 18:01 Go to last post
    Teaticket

January 2020 Workbench

Here are some of my 15mm FT17s. I forget the maker but definitely not FoW. I've used these several times as I love the early war. I have 2 in just green

Teaticket Yesterday, 17:59 Go to last post
    Teaticket

Fun game. I played it countless times when it came out.

Teaticket Yesterday, 17:55 Go to last post
    OldGuy59

Fellow Pilots,
    I have been a bit under the weather lately, and not doing my usual Wednesday volunteering at the Comox Air Force Museum. However,

OldGuy59 Yesterday, 17:45 Go to last post
    Von Scharf

Best Book about WWI Air War

Grabbed a copy of No Empty chairs too. Thanks Nigel.

Von Scharf Yesterday, 17:33 Go to last post
    Von Scharf

Wow. I just joined this community a week or so ago and I’m simply blown away by the creativity, talent, and genuine passion. I’m going to

Von Scharf Yesterday, 17:14 Go to last post
    Caveman

Database Error

5:52 p.m. CST, Jan. 24, attempting to open "What's New?"

10:17 p.m. cst, Jan. 24, main page

Caveman Yesterday, 16:53 Go to last post
    ReducedAirFact

Agreed... in my mind there is no better-written book on the subject. Sagittarius Rising reads like prose and puts some WWI fiction authors to shame,

ReducedAirFact Yesterday, 16:10 Go to last post
    driph

It's more of a personal journey than an encompassing overview of WWI, but if you want a beautifully written book that's a joy to read, I highly recommend

driph Yesterday, 16:03 Go to last post
    Naharaht

I Think I've Found The Perfect Beer For This Place...

From the Brasserie du Grand Paris (Les Brasseurs du Grand Paris) comes Denali Star double dry hopped IPA.

Naharaht Yesterday, 15:01 Go to last post
    Teaticket

Night Bomber Solo Rules?

I have night fighting WW2 rules that I will post in a couple of days. They are a similar version to my WWI rules. They will be good for solo games with

Teaticket Yesterday, 14:36 Go to last post
    Teaticket

Database Error

Just got a database error trying to open a thread from the what's new page at 3:30pm 24 Jan.

Teaticket Yesterday, 14:34 Go to last post
  • Site Sponsors