Ares Games
  • Upcoming Releases

To be confirmed.... WW1 Balloons due Q4 2022
  • Recent Poll

Do you plan to play Sails of Glory? (Votes: 461)

1. Yea Yea Captian! (Yes) (Votes: 249)

2. Maybe, ships are kind of cool. (Maybe) (Votes: 132)

3. That's mutiny I say! (No) (Votes: 80)

• Donations

If you like our website and want to give something back, you can make a donation.

Please select a preferred amount of the donation, and then click the poster image below.

Donation Amount
  • How to make a strips for decks without bases

In 2012 I made (and I am still updating it) a collection of strips for maneuvre cards decks without bases. The system is easy, but may there are some places where they are not players experienced with some procedures in paper kit modeling.

Related links:

OK, let's create!

1. Prepare all the necessary tools: common knife, snap-off knife, scissors, rigid glue, ruler.

2. Find the correct strip and carefully cut it out. It is much better to attach ruler from the side you want to protect from cutting off.

3. Now you have just cut out strip. Now you need to create grooves for bending.

4. See the grey lines and attach to them the ruler (may be about 0,5 mm from it - you must count with own thickenss of the knife).

5. With a dull side of the blade swipe approximately five times over gray line. A little press, but not much.

6. Now you have bended strip.

7. Try the strip on the maeuvre deck without glue. Make sure that it fits exactly on the deck.

8. Glue the edge part of the strip - be carefull, work with clean fingers.

9. Carefully thread the strip back on the deck and slowly glue. So far, only lightly so you can make the corrections.

10. When you're certain position, press your fingers and hold it few seconds.

11. At the end of the work very carefully cut off the excess part.

12. Now everything is done. Congratulations

This article was originally published in forum thread: How to make a strips for decks without bases started by Dan-Sam View original post