Ares Games
  • Upcoming Releases

To be confirmed.... WW1 Balloons due Q4 2022
  • Recent Poll

Do you plan to play Sails of Glory? (Votes: 461)

1. Yea Yea Captian! (Yes) (Votes: 249)

2. Maybe, ships are kind of cool. (Maybe) (Votes: 132)

3. That's mutiny I say! (No) (Votes: 80)

• Donations

If you like our website and want to give something back, you can make a donation.

Please select a preferred amount of the donation, and then click the poster image below.

Donation Amount
  • How To paint PC 10 or RFC Khaki.

There have been quite a few queries lately regarding finding the ideal colour to represent PC 10 & or matching WoW or WoG British colours.

Well you can certainly try mixing a match but remember the paint will dry a different colour to what it looks like wet. So if you do try to match make sure you let it dry & check the match then.

As for making PC 10 for repaints or new unpainted models I have found the following two choices the closest to PC 10
    Remember there is still a heated argument amongst Aviation Historians about the "Real" colour of PC 10.
    The argument varies from Greenish Brown to Brownish Green but in reality it changed colour with weathering & exposure to sunlight.

So for what its worth & with the least amount of effort if you want a reasonable approximation of 'greenish PC 10 the Vellejo Brown Violet is fine. See pic of SE5a repaint of Dalla's Camo kite.

If you tend to the "brownish" PC 10 then I recommend 2/3rds of a bottle of Privateer Press P3 Battlefield Brown mixed with 1/3rd GW's Catachan Green.

This mix will give you enough to paint up many models. See pic of the H-P 0/400 for this shade.
    Incidently both these mixes like the real PC 10 will look different under different lighting.

I know many forumites have their own mixes but this might help any new chums do it more easily.

GW's Bleached Bone is fine for CDL undersides although I do add a bit of Desert Yellow to darken it a touch.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: PC 10 or RFC Kakhi. started by gully_raker View original post