Ares Games
  • Upcoming Releases

To be confirmed.... WW1 Balloons due Q4 2022
  • Recent Poll

Do you plan to play Sails of Glory? (Votes: 461)

1. Yea Yea Captian! (Yes) (Votes: 249)

2. Maybe, ships are kind of cool. (Maybe) (Votes: 132)

3. That's mutiny I say! (No) (Votes: 80)

• Donations

If you like our website and want to give something back, you can make a donation.

Please select a preferred amount of the donation, and then click the poster image below.

Donation Amount
  • Aerodrome accessories bases.

I have been experimenting for some time with methods to colour in the details on the Oberst's very fine bases.

The coloured crayons just did not do it for me, so I tried to get a better result using Sharpies, which worked O.K. for a short time but the machined surface at the bottom of the cutout soon shreded the fine point and made it unusable.
    I then graduated onto the use of Opti Flow pens which give a very good result but are easy to smudge and take some time to dry.

Oh joy. When my latest bunch of bases turned up they still had the protective cover on the machined side as well as the back.

It formed the perfect instant mask and allowed me to just paint the surface with ordinary acrylic paint.

Then by stripping off the protective layer you get a perfect paint
    job in half the time that any of the other methods take.

I hope this will be of interest to those of you who use the dial flight bases.
    Rob.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Aerodrome accessories bases. started by Flying Officer Kyte View original post