Ares Games

Recent Blogs Posts

1. N.124 Action

We held another great gaming session at the Dragon's Guildhall. As I do not know everyone's 'Drome handle to list all the players, I will say that we had 6 participants at one table (a smaller group than usual due to vacations and other happening), gaming a little early war action over France.*

The group I gamed with saw the pilots of Escadrille Americaine (N.124), using ...
  2. The Shapeways Siemens-Schuckert D.I Project - Part I

The purchase of the Reduced Aircraft Factory Siemens-Schuckert D.I was made August 30th, 2022. I obviously have an issue with working on projects in a timely manner...well at least the hobby ones. I am sure work would not appreciate such delays. The D.I has been sitting on my desk at home all this time, staring at me, taunting me, daring me to give it a try. When I finally become motivated to work on my Rumsey Nieuport 11 (which is still missing the RUM on each fuselage side), and then the Chapman ...
  3. Lawrence Rumsey's N.11

UPDATE: Decided to redo the "brown" from the original Chaput as that "brown" was not brown at all. Then got motivated to match the green a bit as well. Still need to add RUM to both sides.
    Name:  20230506_182904.jpg
Views: 1135
Size:  154.0 KB

I have been slowly working on this aircraft over the last few months. This is Lawrence Rumsey's N.11 from the Escadrille Americaine. Rumsey is best known for his drinking and his blinding of squadron mascot Whiskey in one eye.

Updated 05-11-2023 at 10:08 by predhead

Categories
    Repaints