Ares Games

Recent Blogs Posts

1. The Projects Are Now Piling Up!

I recently received a few of the Gray PA12 planes from Shapeways to start working on. Alas, for four orders in a row Shapeways has jacked something up, in this case sending a second Halberstadt D.V instead of the Albatros C.I I ordered. At least their service has been good when handling these errors, but they could charge less per plane if they didn't have such errors adding into their costs!

The rest of the order consists of a Nieuport N.17 (will be painted Russian), a Nieuport N.23 ...
  2. Table Top Flights

Name:  20230715_071016.jpg
Views: 25118
Size:  69.0 KB
    The planes come labeled in ziplock style bags

I received my order from Table Top Flights the other day. Table Top Flights? Member mikejr74 is offering planes for a heck of a great price and they are very clean prints. The range is rather large, with both 1:144 World War One and 1:200 World War Two aircraft available. I'll leave it to him to post more about his products, but I am very happy with the quality of the prints and the service. I sent ...
  3. The Next Projects

Name:  Guntruck-HalberstadtDV-Ottoman.jpg
Views: 2988
Size:  107.6 KB
    Guntruck's Turkish Halberstadt D.V

Previously I have mentioned some of my upcoming projects, like the Ponnier M.1, but now I have placed a Shapeways order that have the following planes winging their way to my door, in Gray PA12:
    Albatros C.I - XD Deck
    Halberstadt D.V - Q Deck (Turkish)
    Morane Saulnier Type AI - N Deck (David Putnam MS156)
    Nieuport 17 (Vickers) - I Deck (Russian)
    Nieuport 23 - I Deck (Belgian) ...
  4. Another Project - The Ponnier M.1

Name:  header2.jpg
Views: 2884
Size:  128.6 KB
    One of the smallest of Great War fighters, which might have led to its perceived poor performance as being nose heavy. Nungesser disliked the plane, and unknown (at the time) Willi Coppens did not want to fly it either. But Coppens would have had no "clout" in 1916, and Nungesser was performing acrobatics at 200 meters in an unfamiliar plane was led to him being injured.

However, I feel that the Ponnier has been unfairly represented. ...
  5. The Shapeways Siemens-Schuckert D.I Project - Part VI

Name:  20230624_193859.jpg
Views: 1223
Size:  35.2 KB
    With the application of the AK Interactive German light green, German red brown, and German light blue underneath, I am liking this color combination a bit better. Still not quite "right" in my mind, but once the details have been painted and the decals added, it will be more serviceable than the previous...

Name:  20230529_142710.jpg
Views: 1193
Size:  56.5 KB
    This is what it was before...yuck!
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast