Ares Games

Recent Blogs Posts

1. 'Origins' Through the Helmut-Cam: Flying Helmut’s ‘Origins’ Odyssey - June 2023

The Prologue:

The Long and Winding Road that was the 3.5 Year Run-Up to my ‘Origins’ trip.

It was back in late October of 2019 that Matt56 (Harry Materne) sent me a PM, informing me that I had been chosen as the 9th Lend Lease Participant, and that I had been invited to go to the ‘Origins’ Game Fair to be held in June of 2020.

It was a great honour to be chosen – I at once arranged holiday (vacation?) time from work, and then accepted this ...
  2. Diving Back In

More like a slow dive....

I had sold all my Wings stuff a couple of years ago as I wanted to focus on WWI air combat using Check Your 6. To be honest, I enjoy CY6 more than I do Wings (heretic, right?). I feel like CY6 provides a better feel as well as more realistic maneuvers for our little planes on the tabletop. I had quite a collection of aircraft with some modified paint jobs, extra decks, ace skill cards, tools of the trade, etc., etc. Sold it really for a song, but I also ...
  3. Location Update for Wright Flight Events

It looks as though are events will now be on the second Saturday of each month at Epic Loot, located in Centerville. Matt56 will be posting our events on the 'Drome with specific information. The Hobby Shop has been a nice home for us, but they schedule tourneys without much notice, and table space becomes an issue. Epic Loot has larger tables, access to restrooms, is well lit, cleaner overall, and has an opening for us on a regular basis. Parking is a bit hectic, but our lunch spot now is a ...
  4. Expanding the Forces

Name:  Hanriot HD1 DeMeulemeester copy.jpg
Views: 1336
Size:  122.4 KBName:  Pfalz E II Bulow.jpg
Views: 1415
Size:  147.4 KBName:  WWF_Ponnier-M1_11SqnBelgium.png
Views: 1449
Size:  728.7 KBName:  WWF_SopwithPup_11SqnBelgium.png
Views: 1143
Size:  721.2 KB

Some several months ago I went in with The G Dog, Adler64, and Smitch on a Shapeways order. I already had a plane from a previous order with The G Dog (a Pfalz D.XII), and I was looking to expand my German forces with some needed types not covered by Ares, plus a couple of extra Hanriots for the Belgians (using the Reviresco decals), so I ordered several planes to ...