Ares Games

'Warspite'

1. Anyone got Wings of War aircraft with no cards?

I am seeking unwanted Wings of War aircraft in Essex, London, Herts or the northern half of Kent.

Is anyone giving up WoW and want to pass their aircraft on? I will make reasonable offers. I would prefer to inspect and collect, if they are OK.

I am developing my own rules and really want the models rather than the cards so this might suit anyone who has lost their cards and may have trouble getting someone interested in taking them.

I have all the Wings ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Back to the RAF Museum today - drool... drool...

I was at the RAF Museum at Colindale/Hendon today. I saw the new Albatros DVa and the new RE 8 but I regret to inform members that the Belgian marked Hanriot HD1 is no longer there. Staff tell me it has been 'swapped' to New Zealand as part of the arrival of the two new aircraft.

I have set up TWO picture groups on Flickr now and have added the new photos to both groups...

WW1 only:
    [url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/barryslemmings/sets/72157633468706848/[/url] ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. WW1 aviation on YouTube

I have now posted three selections here:

[url]http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?14732-WW1-Aviation-on-YouTube[/url]

The last one is very silly but I hope people enjoy it!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. First entry

I am fairly new to this website and am still finding my way around. This is my first blog here.

I'm an old-time wargamer from the late 1960s who can remember when everything we had on a wargames table came from Airfix, Revell or Frog. This included WW1 aerial combat where we used 1/72 kits which were fitted on to stands made from old Meccano strips. The strip was first screwed into the side of a wooden base so that the 20-25 hole strip of Meccano metal stood vertical. The Airfix ...

Updated 05-01-2013 at 00:14 by 'Warspite'

Categories
    Uncategorized