Ares Games

The G Dog

1. Gaming at Advance the Colors 2013

Advance the Colors 2013 was last weekend and it offered the opportunity to visit with friends, do some shopping and squeeze in some air combat gaming.

The convention is in Springfield, Ohio, but on Friday, I ducked out and took a short drive to Urbana to dine at the Airport Cafe. Its a basic diner, but it lives up to its name - its a cafe right on the flight line at Grimes Field on the north side of Urbana. Just the setting to get you thinking of firing up the toy engines and setting ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images       
  2. Labor Day 2013 duel

So late in the day on Sunday, my good buddy [URL="http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/member.php?5268-adler64"]Alder64[/URL] and I managed to squeeze in two quick games of WGF. Our goal was to try using altitude for a change.

We selected a DH 2 and a Fokker E.III give two planes of similar ability as the "Fokker Scourge" comes to a close.

The first game went rapidly, with both planes closing to gunnery in the second turn and the DH 2 maneuvering into ...

Updated 09-02-2013 at 12:08 by The G Dog

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. My Little Capronis....a photo montage

I got a good price on a Ca.3 (Buttini) on Amazon last week and today, my third Ca. 3 arrived. I took a little grief from my wingmen on this ranging from "What will you do with three Caproni?" to "With four, you can have a bomber box." ;)

[CENTER][ATTACH=CONFIG]104918[/ATTACH]
    Here's a shot of the three bombers lining up for a bomb run.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104919[/ATTACH]

Going for an 'old school' look, I desaturated the colors to get the ...

Updated 08-20-2013 at 14:43 by The G Dog

Categories
    Uncategorized