Ares Games

All Blog Entries

1. N.124 Action

We held another great gaming session at the Dragon's Guildhall. As I do not know everyone's 'Drome handle to list all the players, I will say that we had 6 participants at one table (a smaller group than usual due to vacations and other happening), gaming a little early war action over France.*

The group I gamed with saw the pilots of Escadrille Americaine (N.124), using ...
  2. The Next Obscure Project - The Euler D.I

Name:  download.jpg
Views: 1025
Size:  13.6 KB

Wrapping up the Pfalz Dr.I when decals arrive, having another go at the SS D.I since I hated how the paint scheme turned out, looking towards a Roland D.IIa for the Eastern Front, and one more crazed idea...a Euler D.I! I posted about this obscure plane last year, and might tackle one in one of two directions:

1. Ares Chaput N.11 repaint, cutting off the Lewis gun or
    2. Reduced Aircraft Factory Shapeways N.16 with the synchronized gun
  3. The Shapeways Pfalz Dr.I Project - Part II

Name:  20230603_163751.jpg
Views: 973
Size:  49.2 KB
    So odd what the digital camera will pick up...this bird looks much nicer with the naked eye!

Prop in place, details painted, varnish applied, and the plane is nearing completion. Another touch up of matte varnish and perhaps before that a couple of touchups of paint. Then off to order decals!

Name:  20230603_163759.jpg
Views: 1005
Size:  64.8 KB

Updated 06-13-2023 at 07:52 by predhead

Categories
    Pfalz , Shapeways
  4. The Shapeways Pfalz Dr.I Project

Name:  20230602_203227.jpg
Views: 1109
Size:  69.7 KB
    The grainy finish is evident in the picture, even after two costs of paint.

While I am awaiting the next Siemens-Schuckert D.I to make its way to Cincinnati, I have decided to work on another Shapeways plane, this one being the Pfalz Dr.I offering from Decapod. Ordered in the Gray PA12, which is my preferred base material due to inherent "primed" finish, I've had this cool little beast - for me one of the most aesthetically pleasing ...
  5. Those 103rd Aero Boys

Just a piccie of the various 103rd Aero SPAD C.VIIs I have - Soubiran (Ares), Baer (R.A.F.), Biddle (R.A.F.), and another Baer in which I painted the cowling a different color. Deep Cut Studios mat is the playing surface. The 103rd used the SPAD VII into July and perhaps August 1918.

The SPAD VII is one of those planes that does not seem to do well in Wings (due to a tendency ...