Ares Games

Ramblings Over the Front

So, I Have These Extra Decks...

Rate this Entry
Name:  20230613_053440.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  120.9 KB

Like many of you I buy maneuver decks as I can. A recent eBay purchase brought several into the humble abode, and then there has been the kindness of others who have sent spares as a result of my endless begging. Most of the latter have been for specific planes in the collection, but now I have some extras and so the great exercise begins of purchasing more planes in order to take advantage of those extra decks. But it is not simply a matter of buying planes willy nilly - I am also trying to balance the collection between Allies (which I have far more of) and Central Powers (which is slowly growing) and not purchase more planes than I have room for in my two KR Cases. With the mad antics - er, I mean excellent releases - from Reduced Aircraft Factory one never knows what full color prints may be on the horizon. It is both a waiting and guessing game.

I have a good selection of Belgian aircraft in the collection, with a recently released Belgian B.E.2c going into the next Shapeways order. I also have a focus on the 103rd Aero and the early days of the Escadrille Americaine. Last night I went through the available decks and have been able to identify some planes to purchase that fill some gaps (or are simply cool planes I want), either are full color prints or ones available in PA12 Gray to paint myself. The latter have to also have nice cards available on the 'Drome, and be of color schemes that I feel I can pull off.

Over the next few blog posts I will be detailing the planes I will be selecting to match the decks to the available decks.

Submit "So, I Have These Extra Decks..." to Digg Submit "So, I Have These Extra Decks..." to del.icio.us Submit "So, I Have These Extra Decks..." to StumbleUpon Submit "So, I Have These Extra Decks..." to Google

Comments