Ares Games

Recent Blogs Posts

1. The Shapeways Siemens-Schuckert D.I Project - Part VII

Name:  20230701_063851.jpg
Views: 1012
Size:  102.5 KB
    COMPLETION!

After painting with colors that did not turn out well, stripping said paints, then going back and using the AK Interactive set of German WWI colors, the last step was to add Mark I decals which brought the D.I to life. A coat of matte varnish and gluing a peg ends this project. Lessons learned along the way to be applied to future projects.
  2. Extra Decks - E Deck

This decision is super easy - I already have the plane for this deck nearly painted!

Name:  710x528_19298771_11226080_1686958870_1_0.jpg
Views: 1037
Size:  55.8 KB
    Image from Reduced Aircraft Factory

The E Deck is a nice early war deck in terms of maneuverability. Speed is about the same as its contemporaries, and with the broad left and right sideslips it is a joy of a deck to use. Plane options are very limited, being just the Nieuport 11 and the Siemens-Schuckert D.I, and it is the latter plane that I have ...

Updated 06-27-2023 at 09:09 by predhead

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Shapeways Siemens-Schuckert D.I Project - Part VI

Name:  20230624_193859.jpg
Views: 1231
Size:  35.2 KB
    With the application of the AK Interactive German light green, German red brown, and German light blue underneath, I am liking this color combination a bit better. Still not quite "right" in my mind, but once the details have been painted and the decals added, it will be more serviceable than the previous...

Name:  20230529_142710.jpg
Views: 1202
Size:  56.5 KB
    This is what it was before...yuck!
  4. The Shapeways Siemens-Schuckert D.I Project - Part V

Name:  20230618_200751.jpg
Views: 927
Size:  46.8 KB
    The Reduced Aircraft Factory SS. D.I

Thanks to some internet searching and confirmation from 'Drome member Larry, I soaked the hideously painted Siemens-Schuckert D.I in some Simple Green for a few hours today. A little light work with an old toothbrush resulted in the acrylic paint peeling off, and even a bit of the spray primer. A new coat of primer will be used, then proper colors using the AK Interactive German World War I aircraft set.
  5. The Next Obscure Project - The Euler D.I

Name:  download.jpg
Views: 1031
Size:  13.6 KB

Wrapping up the Pfalz Dr.I when decals arrive, having another go at the SS D.I since I hated how the paint scheme turned out, looking towards a Roland D.IIa for the Eastern Front, and one more crazed idea...a Euler D.I! I posted about this obscure plane last year, and might tackle one in one of two directions:

1. Ares Chaput N.11 repaint, cutting off the Lewis gun or
    2. Reduced Aircraft Factory Shapeways N.16 with the synchronized gun
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast