Ares Games

Recent Blogs Posts

1. How to do an Observation Balloon

I needed a balloon so I decided to scratchbuild one. With the nice help of Dave (Clipper) on correct measurements I start making the paper moulds for the Balloon. You can look for the plans in the file section:

[IMG]http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42612&d=1335351216[/IMG]

After the moulds were created, I cut the numerous parts in cardboard from a pizza package. I love pizza and I love cardboard.

[IMG]http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42613&d=1335351231[/IMG] ...
  2. Solo Campaign with RB Solo rules: Scenario 12 - A Friendly talk over the Trenches

[B]Pre-Scenario briefing:[/B]

Inęs wanted to play again with F. O. Kyte and to be able to do it properly she wanted to know more about him. As I told her about the myth already created around Kyte's, she devised the idea of a Special Table for this Ace. I merely helped her to create a credible and funny table. Here it is:

[B]F.O. Kyte Gin-in-the-blood Level Table[/B]
    1 - No Gin, No ability! [I]"I knew I should have brought my flask!"[/I]
    2-3 - Some ...

Updated 04-26-2012 at 14:52 by Blackronin (Re-uploading the photos.)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Solitaire Campaign with RB Solo rules: Scenario 11 - Dark Skies

"Rittmeister Joachim, now that your men are all fit and your planes are combat ready, I'm sending you on vital mission." "Jawoll, Hauptmann Schroeder. What is the mission?" "You must protect two observation planes that will take photos of a very well protected area in the front. We must destroy it soon and we need information about its defensive apparatus. At least one of the observation planes must return with photos, Joachim." "Jawoll, Hauptmann Schroeder. No ...

Updated 04-25-2012 at 15:51 by Blackronin (Re-uploading the photos.)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Solitaire Campaign with RB Solo rules: Scenario 10 - Red Wings of Deception

We parked Hauptmann Schroeder's car near the command post and we left the vehicle, taking out our belongings, laughing and joking around when we suddenly saw the new Fokker Triplane parked in the aerodrome. All red and shinning. "The Baron is here?" asked Leutnant Hans Zakopious. We all smiled at the prospect. We had all been at Willarm's family house for this last week. I had asked Hauptmann Schroeder for a leave.

"Rittmeister Joachim, your men are wounded and sick and ...

Updated 04-25-2012 at 07:46 by Blackronin (Re-uploading of photos.)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Solitaire Campaign with RB Solo rules: Scenario 9 - Hazardous Mission

The British were making a lot of patrols over our side recently. They were up to something. We were ordered to counter this and take them down as much as we could. As Leutnant Hans Zakopious was still injured and Leutnant Willarm was with a serious flu, I took off with Leutnant Andrzej Kaut for an extended patrol. Overall conditions were fine and our Albatrosses sang a song of strength and joy two miles above the trenches. I was happy. Next week I was hoping that I could journey again with Willarm ...

Updated 04-25-2012 at 06:23 by Blackronin (Re-uploading the photos.)

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast