Ares Games

All Blog Entries

1. Solo Campaign with RB Solo rules: Scenario 15 - Solitary Hunting

"Rittmeister Joachim, why have you left alone? Haven't I told you that you should take your flight with you?" "Jawoll, Hauptmann Schroeder. But as I was testing my new plane, I thought that I should go alone." "Why?" "I didn't want to put them at risk." "But you put yourself at risk by going alone, yes?" "Jawoll, Hauptmann Schroeder. I just..." "I understand, son. You almost lost one of your men. But listen to this very carefully: ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Solo Campaign with RB Solo rules: Scenario 14 - Four Swords in Late Afternoon

I've never had seen Hauptmann Schroeder so agitated. He was running to me, shouting my name without his usual stating of my rank. "Joachim! Joachim! Come quickly!" I thought at first that all hell had broken loose. But then he told me that Willarm had been brought by some soldiers in a truck and that he was in the infirmary. I got there first. When I got near his bed he smiled to me. "You thought you had got rid of me, didn't you?" I patted him on his shoulder and I sat in an ...

Updated 04-27-2012 at 11:59 by Blackronin (Re-uploading the photos lost in the hacker's attack.)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Solo Campaign with RB Solo rules: Scenario 13 - An unexpected Visit

[I]Popped over to the Hospital today to see how young Gordon was doing and to slip him a bottle of Glenmorangie Scotch, it being his tipple. He seems to be recovering well and has all the nurses eating out of his hand. He tells me this missing German chappie is not Willibald as I thought but Willarm.
    Anyway, to cut to the chase. After I left Gordon to the tender mercies of the Quacks, I borrowed the Squadron Alvis and drove out to the forward battery nearest to where he was reported last. ...

Updated 04-26-2012 at 15:29 by Blackronin (Re-uploaded the photos.)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Solo Campaign with RB Solo rules: Scenario 12 - A Friendly talk over the Trenches

[B]Pre-Scenario briefing:[/B]

Inęs wanted to play again with F. O. Kyte and to be able to do it properly she wanted to know more about him. As I told her about the myth already created around Kyte's, she devised the idea of a Special Table for this Ace. I merely helped her to create a credible and funny table. Here it is:

[B]F.O. Kyte Gin-in-the-blood Level Table[/B]
    1 - No Gin, No ability! [I]"I knew I should have brought my flask!"[/I]
    2-3 - Some ...

Updated 04-26-2012 at 14:52 by Blackronin (Re-uploading the photos.)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Solitaire Campaign with RB Solo rules: Scenario 11 - Dark Skies

"Rittmeister Joachim, now that your men are all fit and your planes are combat ready, I'm sending you on vital mission." "Jawoll, Hauptmann Schroeder. What is the mission?" "You must protect two observation planes that will take photos of a very well protected area in the front. We must destroy it soon and we need information about its defensive apparatus. At least one of the observation planes must return with photos, Joachim." "Jawoll, Hauptmann Schroeder. No ...

Updated 04-25-2012 at 15:51 by Blackronin (Re-uploading the photos.)

Categories
    Uncategorized