Ares Games

All Blog Entries

1. Solitaire Campaign with RB Solo rules: Scenario 10 - Red Wings of Deception

We parked Hauptmann Schroeder's car near the command post and we left the vehicle, taking out our belongings, laughing and joking around when we suddenly saw the new Fokker Triplane parked in the aerodrome. All red and shinning. "The Baron is here?" asked Leutnant Hans Zakopious. We all smiled at the prospect. We had all been at Willarm's family house for this last week. I had asked Hauptmann Schroeder for a leave.

"Rittmeister Joachim, your men are wounded and sick and ...

Updated 04-25-2012 at 07:46 by Blackronin (Re-uploading of photos.)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Solitaire Campaign with RB Solo rules: Scenario 9 - Hazardous Mission

The British were making a lot of patrols over our side recently. They were up to something. We were ordered to counter this and take them down as much as we could. As Leutnant Hans Zakopious was still injured and Leutnant Willarm was with a serious flu, I took off with Leutnant Andrzej Kaut for an extended patrol. Overall conditions were fine and our Albatrosses sang a song of strength and joy two miles above the trenches. I was happy. Next week I was hoping that I could journey again with Willarm ...

Updated 04-25-2012 at 06:23 by Blackronin (Re-uploading the photos.)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Solitaire Campaign with RB Solo rules: Scenario 8 - Clash of Flights

"Rittmeister Joachim, when will you put your men in their machines and let them fly and fight?! I'm waiting to see how you'll manage your flight. What are you expecting to achieve with all these training days?" "I'm expecting them to return alive, Herr Hauptmann!" "You didn't have all this training before you took your first enemy, did you?" "Nein, Herr Hauptmann! I was lucky. I want them to have a little bit more than just raw luck." "Ah, Rittmeister ...

Updated 04-25-2012 at 05:47 by Blackronin (Re-uploading the photos.)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Solitaire Campaign with RB Solo rules: Scenario 7 - In Love and in War

There must exist an equilibrium between good and bad things, good luck and ill luck, happiness and sadness. After my fifth kill, I was granted a medal and... much better than that, a leave for one whole week. As I had promised, I went to see Willarm, who was almost recovered, at his family home and we made our back to the front line together. It was a perfect week. I met his parents - and thanked them their kindness and provisions - I met his younger brother - to whom I told how it is to fly a war ...

Updated 04-25-2012 at 04:55 by Blackronin (Re-uploading the photos.)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Solitaire Campaign with RB Solo rules: Scenario 6 - Outclassed!

Returning home after an eventless patrol. The engine sings a song of gas, lubricant and thunder. Willarm went back to his family on a leave. Pneumonia. I'll try to meet him and finally get to know his family if I can get the Haptmann to give me a leave from the front. The Hauptmann won't be happy to do it. They are always sending me presents and food and his younger sister sent me a scarf she done herself. I'm using it just now.

As I'm reaching the last patrol zone a new British biplane ...

Updated 04-25-2012 at 04:20 by Blackronin (Re-uploading the photos after the hacker's attack.)

Categories
    Uncategorized