Ares Games

All Blog Entries

1. Extra Decks - B Deck

Name:  hungarian_ace_jozsef_kiss_by_caastel_deftex2-pre.jpg
Views: 849
Size:  48.7 KB

The B deck - one I would say is not coveted by most Wings players because it doesn't have those sexy curves or sharp sideslips, but if players use this deck as the planes were used, with a lot of diving and climbing, it is one that can be used successfully. B deck planes are the Albatros D.III (Oef 153), Albatros D.V and D.Va, Caudron R.11, SPAD C.VII, and Airco DH.9A. These are all solid offerings, but with the gaps in my collection leaning towards ...
  2. Extra Decks - Q Deck

Delving into finding planes for the extra decks I have, matching planes that have quality plane cards to use, and that are available via full color or Gray PA12 Shapeways offerings, as well as fitting them into the collection so as to get some use!

Name:  44-1.jpg
Views: 1182
Size:  58.1 KB

Ah, the Q Deck - an okay deck with speed, a hard left and right turn, but only two soft sideslips. My choices of planes for this deck are the Aviatik D.I, the Phönix D.II/D.IIa, the Halberstadt ...
  3. So, I Have These Extra Decks...

Name:  20230613_053440.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  120.9 KB

Like many of you I buy maneuver decks as I can. A recent eBay purchase brought several into the humble abode, and then there has been the kindness of others who have sent spares as a result of my endless begging. Most of the latter have been for specific planes in the collection, but now I have some extras and so the great exercise begins of purchasing more planes in order to take advantage of those extra decks. But it is not simply a matter of buying ...
  4. The Pfalz D.XII Shapeways Project - Part I

Name:  24831_rd.jpg
Views: 899
Size:  166.9 KB
    Leutnant Klein's Pfalz D.XII

Some time ago in a galaxy far, far...well, maybe more like on blog post from a long time ago, I had talked about doing a Shapeways Pfalz D.XII. That was before the big selloff, plus that particular Shapeways plane was printed in the white natural versatile plastic which, while others have created some magic with that finish, is a grainy mistress. That Pfalz was included in the selloff, and no more thought had been ...
  5. The Shapeways Pfalz Dr.I Project - Part III

Name:  20230611_064530.jpg
Views: 932
Size:  58.0 KB
    Other than adding a peg to the bottom of the fuselage, this project is complete!

The sharp eyed among you will notice that the crosses are not 100% correct - I had ordered a sheet of the Mark I decals (modern Luftwaffe) and the picture in the description did not allow a clear and large view of the crosses and so I thought I would be receiving crosses with no white borders. Even the decal sheet, being on a light blue background, was in my hands, ...

Updated 06-13-2023 at 07:51 by predhead

Categories
    Pfalz , Shapeways