Ares Games

Recent Blogs Posts

1. The Kindness of Strangers WW2 Solo Campaign: Chapter 16 – Canal Battle - Part Two

[I][B]July 18, 1940[/B][/I]

[I]"What are you doing, Joachim?"
    "Waiting. Thinking. Worrying."
    "Yes. That's what I usually do."
    How do you cope with it, Kyte?"
    "I drink."
    "That works..."
    "I'll get the bottle and two glasses."[/I]

[IMG]http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i395/Bayushiseni/The%20Kindness%20of%20Strangers%20Campaign/Chapter%2016%20-%20Canal%20Battle/Canal%2023.jpg[/IMG] ...
  2. The Kindness of Strangers - Chapter 6 – A Straight Tale

[B][I]June 2, 1940[/I][/B]
    [I]
    "So you say that you start fighting in the Spanish Civil War after taking goods for the Reds." "Not for the Reds, Dave. The Republic. Although it was a mixed lot..." "That lost them the war..." "That?!" "Maybe the reason is elsewhere, no?" "You said that you were flying a Dakota DC-3?" "Brand new, with no markings." "I'll get the bottle and the boys..."[/I]

3. The Kindness of Strangers WW2 Solo Campaign: Chapter 14 - Leadership Crysis

[B]July 15, 1940[/B]

[I]"It seems that your rookie wasn't frightened by his adventure, Joachim..."
    "Well Kyte... He will be... Soon, I'd say... Here he comes..."

"Well Cael... You're lucky... There's a patrol to be sent and you'll need some more hours of flight under your belt. You and Andrzej can do it."
    "Yes sir! Thank you Squadron Leader Kyte!"
    "Carry on!"
    "Be careful out there, Cael! ...
  4. The Kindness of Strangers WW2 Solo Campaign: Prologue 3 - A Fragile Start

[B][I]February 22, 1937[/I][/B]

[IMG]http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=182983&d=1449494875[/IMG]

“There’s not a great payment here to be collected, hermano.”
    “I know. I’ll do it all the same.”
    “The plane is sturdy… But you’re taking ammo and weapons for the Republicans and you don’t even know if they’re the right Republicans.”
    “I know. I’ll ...
  5. The Kindness of Strangers WW2 Solo Campaign: Chapter 2 – In the Wave of the Blitz

[B][I]May 11, 1940[/I][/B]

[I]"Allez! Allez! Joachim prend Gaston avec toi et dépêches-toi! Les Boches attaquent! Stukas! Allez! Allez!" I signaled Gaston. A rookie. Confident. Too confident... He followed me quickly. We got inside the cockpit of the D.520s and helped by our mechanics we got ready to roll in the improvised airfield somewhere in North of France. "Suivez-moi. Ne me laisse, Gaston. Tu n'es pas prêt pour batailler sole les Boches." He laughed. "Ça, ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast