Ares Games

All Blog Entries

1. Solitaire Campaign with RB Solo rules: Scenario 4 - The Wingman

Late morning. Open blue sky, no clouds and getting hotter by the minute. Dry mouth and very hot inside the flight jacket as the Albatros gains altitude. The Hauptmann's speech still ringing in my ears. Even to give me praise must he always use verbal violence?!... One day I'm going to hide his glasses under the wheel of an Albatros...

"Once again, you were very lucky in your last flight, Rittmeister Joachim!" "Jawoll, herr Hauptmann!" "It was a lucky shot that ...

Updated 04-21-2012 at 13:00 by Blackronin (Re-uploading the photos after the hacker attack.)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Solitaire Campaign with RB Solo rules: Scenario 3 - Recon in Force

Late afternoon. Getting dark. Engines heating before lift-off. The Hauptmann's speech still ringing in my ears. Why does he have to speak always to me in front of all the pilots?... I was expecting to fly with them. But this mission would again split us and send us alone against the enemy. After my crash landing I was a little less confident in my skills.

"Your last flight was a COMPLETE disaster, Rittmeister Joachim!" "Jawoll, Herr Hauptmann!" "You were very ...

Updated 04-18-2012 at 14:56 by Blackronin (Reuploaded the pictures lost in the Hacker's attack.)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Solitaire Campaign with RB Solo rules: Scenario 2 - Two Swords and a Sea Bird

Early morning. Still dark. Engine heating before lift-off. The captain's speech still ringing in the ears.

"Your last flight was a disaster, Rittmeister Joachim!" "Jawoll, Herr Hauptmann!" "You do understand that you were lucky to escape alive!" "Jawoll, Herr Hauptmann!" "You were even luckier to shot down an enemy airplane!" "Jawoll, Herr Hauptmann!" "I wouldn't have believed you if it wasn't for the report of the Oberstleutnant ...

Updated 04-17-2012 at 13:01 by Blackronin (Re-uploading the photos.)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Solitaire Campaign with RB Solo rules: Scenario 1 - A rookie arrives

"Rittmeister Joachim, I presume!" "Jawoll, Herr Hauptmann!" "So! You are the new pilot that the Command Staff sent us." "Jawoll, Herr Hauptmann!" "Are you any good? I hate to learn by heart names and then have to forgot them because the pilot made only one mission. Do you understand, Rittmeister Joachim?" "Jawoll, Herr Hauptmann!" "Very well. Find a place to sleep and then report for here to take your new plane for a training flight!" ...

Updated 04-17-2012 at 12:25 by Blackronin (Re-uploading the pictures after the Aerodrome attack.)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Caproni Ca 4 Build-not for the faint of heart!

[QUOTE=clipper1801;96197]As I continue to avoid real therapy I seem to be drawn to the twilight side of sanity.

[IMG]http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h379/Revchaos/2011-09-30_13-22-49_876.jpg[/IMG]

How can one resist all those struts! But wait, there's more!

[IMG]http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h379/Revchaos/2011-09-30_13-23-44_483.jpg[/IMG]

Proto-type in the pin-up stage, making sure all the things line up. Mini-blind wings, bass ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized