Ares Games

Recent Blogs Posts

1. The Kindness of Strangers WW2 Solo Campaign: Chapter 3 – The Furies

[I][B]May 30, 1940[/B][/I]

[I]"What was the most awkward thing it ever happened to you during the Spanish Civil War, Joachim?" "Jean Rayneau, I think..." "What? Who was he?" "A French. A gentleman. A gifted pilot... An anarchist..." "Ah wait! This is too good..." "Kyte, boys! Come down here immediately. It's story time." "Ask them to bring the bottle." "And bring the bottle."

"Where ...
  2. The Kindness of Strangers - Chapter 6 – A Straight Tale

[B][I]June 2, 1940[/I][/B]
    [I]
    "So you say that you start fighting in the Spanish Civil War after taking goods for the Reds." "Not for the Reds, Dave. The Republic. Although it was a mixed lot..." "That lost them the war..." "That?!" "Maybe the reason is elsewhere, no?" "You said that you were flying a Dakota DC-3?" "Brand new, with no markings." "I'll get the bottle and the boys..."[/I]

3. Prague Summer CON Blackronin post 2 - When Aces Meet Mission

[B]When Aces Meet - A Spanish Civil War Mission[/B]
    [B][I]Prague Summer CON - Friday 16:00[/I][/B]

[IMG]http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i395/Bayushiseni/PS%20CON%20-%20When%20Aces%20Meet/DSC_0244.jpg[/IMG]

During the Spanish Civil War duels were scheduled between Nationalist and Republican pilots.
    One is so famous that it became legend.

In this free recreation of such an event, players pick randomly a plane and an Ace ability over the ...