Ares Games

All Blog Entries

1. The Kindness of Strangers WW2 Campaign - Chapter 1 - A Target in Dunkirk

[B][I]May 28, 1940[/I][/B]

"Pilot Officer Franciszek!" "Yes, Flying Officer Kyte?" "Squadron Leader Barrie Heath gave me permission to take you in my section and we must hurry and get to the briefing room." "Thank you, sir. Are we going on a sortie?" "On a sortie Franciszek?! We'll bloody go on too many sorties these next days." "Right sir."

[IMG]http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i395/Bayushiseni/The%20Kindness%20of%20Strangers%20Campaign/Chapter%201%20-%20A%20target%20in%20Dunkirk/AtargetinDunkirkSc101.jpg[/IMG] ...
  2. Wings of War and Glory - Chapter 6: Preparatory Attack

[B][I]November 3, 1915[/I][/B]

"Oberleutnant Joachim Lisbon! The British and French are preparing a major offensive! They are sending every plane they have to bomb tactical targets. Take off and protect the railroad station north of our airfield." "Jawohl Rittmeister Schlesinger!" "Take only one wingman. Your other pilot must join Leutnant Bergmann and defend our airfield while we are away. Who will you take?" "I'll take Neumann, Rittmeister." ...

Updated 02-07-2014 at 17:02 by Blackronin

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Kindness of Strangers WW2 Campaign - Prologue 1 (A Polished Entry)

[B][I]May 24, 1940[/I][/B]

"Are you telling me that you've fought in the Armée de l'Air and now you want to join the Royal Air Force. Is that it?" "Yes sir. That's exactly what I'm saying." "Have you abandoned the Armée de l'Air? Are you just another rat abandoning the ship when it is sinking?" "No sir. The French don't have fighters enough for them to fly so they let me go with all the other "etrangéres"." "They did? But they ...

Updated 12-29-2013 at 13:49 by Blackronin

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. The Tommy

I took a few hours away from work last week to make a quick jaunt to the National Museum of the United States Air Force. My job is extremely busy during the holiday season (I am a director in an online retail call center with twenty-one different companies) and there are times I just need to break away. What would calm my soul? A visit to the Early Years Gallery at the museum!

I snapped several pictures while in the gallery, trying to get all "artsy" with my camera angles ...
  5. Wings of War and Glory - Chapter 5: Synchronized

[B][I]October 22, 1915[/I][/B]

Since I've received the new Eindecker I've been flying dayly trying to use it against an enemy plane. The weather has been bad every two or three days and being unable to cross the trenches to the French side difficult my task. The only two times I encounter French planes the difference in numbers made me retreat. The French now are using a new strategy to counter our superiority in combat. Numbers.

[IMG]http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i395/Bayushiseni/Wings%20of%20war%20and%20Glory/Scenario%205%20-%20Synchronized/SynchronizedSc501.jpg[/IMG] ...