Ares Games

Flying Cowspots from the Cowman

Tidbits and cowchips from the life of an average, ordinary, and somewhat silly, bovine loving tabletop gamer...

1. Reviresco Sopwith Camel Build Project

This is a summary of my Reviresco Sopwith Camel Build Project from the Hobby Forum:

It is 3:00 AM and I spent most of the day in bed with a sinus infection... I want to start airbrushing my two other builds, but I can't run my really loud compressor without risking waking my 80 yr. old Pop... so I decided to start on the Camel!

1. Clean off any flashing on the model
    2. Fill any cavities and rub
  2. Flying Cow TV: Episode #1 - The Sneak Peek

And So The Nonsense Begins...

It has been so long since I have published a new Blog entry, I practically forgot how to do it... and yet here we find ourselves at the beginning of something new for me.

AS most of you have noticed by now, a few of us are headed to the Origins Games Fair here in Columbus, Ohio in a couple of days, where we will spend 5 days of Convention Bliss, during which we will run 26 different Wings of War Events, and try to have as much fun as is humanly ...
    Categories
    Humor , Videos
  3. Georges Guynemer Spad Repaint Project

This is a summary of my Georges Guynemer Spad Repaint Project:

1-16-2011:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cowman View Post
    As a favor to CappyTom I will be taking a Nexus Baracca Spad XIII mini and repainting it to match the paint job of Georges Guynemer's French Spad VII.

I was wondering if any of the more experienced modelers here would mind suggesting some paint colors to match the scheme as closely as possible?

I hope to take a few pictures as I go... at least I don't have to worry about cutting

Updated 02-25-2011 at 09:17 by The Cowman

Categories
    Hobby , WWI Modeling
  4. Reviresco Sopwith Triplane Build Project

This is a summary of my Reviresco Sopwith Triplane Build Project from the Hobby Forum:

11-23-2010
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cowman View Post
    Last night I started my first Reviresco miniature build... Figured I would jump in head first and go for a harder one, so I chose to do the Sopwith Tripe. I am going to attempt to photo-document my work here in this thread as I progress.

I will be following a set of tips and instructions kindly provided to me by Flying Officer Kyte. If this project should

Updated 01-16-2011 at 01:02 by The Cowman

Categories
    Hobby , WWI Modeling
  5. Most Geeks, No Matter What Their Age, Appreciate Geekiness...

I am sitting here, shortly after midnight, waiting for paint to dry. In my hobby room next door, sits my Reviresco Sopwith Tripe... a project that seems to have taken 3 days short of forever to complete. I await a bit of paint to thoroughly dry so that I might apply the last few decals, and then apply one last coat of clearcoat and dullcoat. I am this close (imagine a bandaged thumb and a forefinger held very, very, very close to each other) to finally having it done... but first I must wait... ...

Updated 01-13-2011 at 21:34 by The Cowman

Categories
    Humor , Videos
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast