Ares Games

Recent Blogs Posts

1. The Ponnier M.1 Climb Rate, or All Climb Rates Are Not Created Equal

Quote Originally Posted by predhead View Post
    Looking through various aircraft ratings and seeing that perhaps the Ponnier's climb rate (according to the good work the unofficial stats committee does for the rest of us) is on the low side. Comparing rates of climb using the Wings of Linen site, and averaging when applicable if the is a variation of climb time. The numbers in parenthesis are the game climb rates):

Nieuport N.11 - 3000 meters in 17.33 minutes - 568 feet per minute (4)
    Nieuport N.16 - 3000 meters in 10.17
  2. N.124 Action

We held another great gaming session at the Dragon's Guildhall. As I do not know everyone's 'Drome handle to list all the players, I will say that we had 6 participants at one table (a smaller group than usual due to vacations and other happening), gaming a little early war action over France.*

The group I gamed with saw the pilots of Escadrille Americaine (N.124), using ...
  3. The Next Obscure Project - The Euler D.I

Name:  download.jpg
Views: 1031
Size:  13.6 KB

Wrapping up the Pfalz Dr.I when decals arrive, having another go at the SS D.I since I hated how the paint scheme turned out, looking towards a Roland D.IIa for the Eastern Front, and one more crazed idea...a Euler D.I! I posted about this obscure plane last year, and might tackle one in one of two directions:

1. Ares Chaput N.11 repaint, cutting off the Lewis gun or
    2. Reduced Aircraft Factory Shapeways N.16 with the synchronized gun
  4. June 10th - Wright Flight Event

Name:  20230105_190929[1].jpg
Views: 1576
Size:  70.3 KB
    Been speaking with CamelBeagle about the next Wright Flight session...heading to a "quiet" front, say over Verdun, for a little Escadrille Americaine (N.124) action, Nieuport 11s and 16s against Eindekkers, both Fokker and Pfalz.

June 10th, noon, at the Dragon's Guildhall in Beavercreek, Ohio (near Dayton).
  5. Pfalzifying

Pfalz E.IV

Needing a few more opponents to face off against the Escadrille Americaine I decided to pick up a couple of Pfalz E types from Reduced Aircraft Factory. (isn't it ironic that we always seem to "need" more planes?) I have enjoyed the full color offerings from RAF, especially since the natural full color nylon 12 (MJF) has been added, making full color planes ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast