Ares Games

All Blog Entries

1. Bloody April 1918 Campaign....the beginning

So here is the deal. I got the game [I]Bloody April 1917, Air War over Arras, France[/I] for Christmas, and have been working since then to come up with a system to play the dogfights using Wings of Glory. I figured out a rough framework, but I came to the conclusion that of all the early 1917 plane represented in Bloody April I only had miniatures for a few. I have the cards to do it, but the miniatures really make the game come alive. So short of spending a good bit of cash on Shapeways planes ...
  2. Feast your eyes on this!

[QUOTE=Bluedevil;194166]I stumbled upon this youtube movie thanks to our friends at Cross and Cockade:

[video=youtube;gZZ82xiWP7w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gZZ82xiWP7w#![/video]

[SIZE=5]Awesome!!!![/SIZE]:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:[/QUOTE]
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. New Gamer

[QUOTE=CdnFlyer;189701]Hello Gents,

Well I just placed an order with 12-7 Games. I checked their site and saw that they had a bunch of stuff in stock. Hopefully the site is acurate. I ended up ordering the Wings of Glory Rules and Accessories pack, Rickenbacker SPAD XIII, Ellwood Sopwith Camel (Wife liked this one as it had hearts on it LOL), Lothar Von Richthofen Fokker Dr.1, and Manfred Von Richthofen 425/17 Fokker Dr. 1. I probably end up ordering duelling packs as well when ...
  4. Introducing a novice

[QUOTE=CdnFlyer;189248]Hello All,

I'm a complete noob to this and I don't even own the game. I'm really,really, really hoping to find a copy of this game as it looks absolutely amazing. I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and if anyone can direct me where to find the starter rules and accessories i would very much appreciate that. I'm interested in the WW1 version and I'm looking for direction. This might seem like a dumb question, but after much scouring the web, is this game ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The French Adventures of Andreas von Oppeln

I have been thinking of putting my alter ego, Andreas von Oppeln into the living solo campaign since I totally plunged into this game. That's because I had designed a Mission Generator uploaded into the filmem section and took part in the Over the Trenches solo campaign with my mates here on the Forum.
    Now, when the MG is ready in version 1.2, I made up my mind. I am ready to send young von Oppeln into the fray.
    My goal is to enlist him as a rookie pilot to one unknown Jasta and start ...

Updated 01-04-2013 at 16:06 by Nightbomber

Categories
    Uncategorized