Author:
    Theodore Hamady
    ISBN:
    Category:
    Reference
    Format:
    Hardback
    Summary:
    My thinking about Nieuports have changed, at least when it comes to the Nieuport 28, which was the first fighter used to equip the American "chasse" squadrons during the First World War. Theodore Hamady has gone a long way to dispel some of our (or at least my) preconceived notions about the N.28.

Hamady goes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  
  2. To Campaign or Not to Campaign

The boys (The G Dog, Adler64, Smitch) and I have bandied about the idea of doing some sort of campaign. Not a new concept for 'Drome members based on the amount of posts and file submissions that cover that very topic. After downloading several campaign files, I believe I may be even more confused than ever!

I was leaning towards a monthly campaign, where each gaming session was a month, starting with the arrival of the Eindekker and moving towards November of 1918. This would ...
  3. My Little Capronis....a photo montage

I got a good price on a Ca.3 (Buttini) on Amazon last week and today, my third Ca. 3 arrived. I took a little grief from my wingmen on this ranging from "What will you do with three Caproni?" to "With four, you can have a bomber box." ;)

[CENTER][ATTACH=CONFIG]104918[/ATTACH]
    Here's a shot of the three bombers lining up for a bomb run.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104919[/ATTACH]

Going for an 'old school' look, I desaturated the colors to get the ...

Updated 08-20-2013 at 14:43 by The G Dog

Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images     
  4. The Shapeways Experiment - Part I Prep Work

As you know, there are many designers on Shapeways offering 1/144th scale World War One aircraft. Many of these offerings are now being covered within the Nexus/Ares range of miniatures, but there are many others out there to help fill in those holes not covered by the official game miniatures. Last year I ordered a Plalz D.XII and a Kettering Bug; the Pfalz is still to be painted, while the Bug was kindly painted for me by Smitch. The stories I have heard about my gaming buddies and what they ...
  5. Bloody April 1918 Campaign....the beginning

So here is the deal. I got the game [I]Bloody April 1917, Air War over Arras, France[/I] for Christmas, and have been working since then to come up with a system to play the dogfights using Wings of Glory. I figured out a rough framework, but I came to the conclusion that of all the early 1917 plane represented in Bloody April I only had miniatures for a few. I have the cards to do it, but the miniatures really make the game come alive. So short of spending a good bit of cash on Shapeways planes ...
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast