Ares Games

Recent Blogs Posts

1. 'Origins' Through the Helmut-Cam: Flying Helmut’s ‘Origins’ Odyssey - June 2023

Part II – Tuesday June 20th

Departure

I pretty-well leapt out of bed @ 05:00! – I was determined to be ready for the taxi @ 06:15.

When I had travelled to Prague back in April, my taxi had arrived over half an hour too early, and I had still been in the shower! Back then, I had rushed my exit from my house, trying not to keep the driver waiting, and had felt very dishevelled and disorganised – this time around, I wanted everything to be more controlled ...
    Tags: Origins
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. 'Origins' Through the Helmut-Cam: Flying Helmut’s ‘Origins’ Odyssey - June 2023

The Prologue:

The Long and Winding Road that was the 3.5 Year Run-Up to my ‘Origins’ trip.

It was back in late October of 2019 that Matt56 (Harry Materne) sent me a PM, informing me that I had been chosen as the 9th Lend Lease Participant, and that I had been invited to go to the ‘Origins’ Game Fair to be held in June of 2020.

It was a great honour to be chosen – I at once arranged holiday (vacation?) time from work, and then accepted this ...
  3. Another Project - The Ponnier M.1

Name:  header2.jpg
Views: 2910
Size:  128.6 KB
    One of the smallest of Great War fighters, which might have led to its perceived poor performance as being nose heavy. Nungesser disliked the plane, and unknown (at the time) Willi Coppens did not want to fly it either. But Coppens would have had no "clout" in 1916, and Nungesser was performing acrobatics at 200 meters in an unfamiliar plane was led to him being injured.

However, I feel that the Ponnier has been unfairly represented. ...
  4. Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 2: Prague Con '16

Prague Con 2016 is definitely over. It was a pleasure run event like this and believe me, I know what about I am talking. The last days before Con were pretty busy for me, especially because I neet to do some last things (ordered framing of diplomas, their pickup, creating, printing and cutting all nametags etc.). And all of my task must be on time, because we had some problems with timeline last years. IT was good that I have not a test shift in my work on Friday and I headed almost directly to ...

Updated 06-01-2022 at 05:11 by Dan-Sam

Tags: CON, Origins, Prague
    Categories
    Origins 2016
  5. Flying Cow TV: Episode #1 - The Sneak Peek

And So The Nonsense Begins...

It has been so long since I have published a new Blog entry, I practically forgot how to do it... and yet here we find ourselves at the beginning of something new for me.

AS most of you have noticed by now, a few of us are headed to the Origins Games Fair here in Columbus, Ohio in a couple of days, where we will spend 5 days of Convention Bliss, during which we will run 26 different Wings of War Events, and try to have as much fun as is humanly ...
    Categories
    Humor , Videos