Ares Games

All Blog Entries

1. Wings of War and Glory - Interlude 3: Cold Cold Wind

[B][I]November 22, 1915[/I][/B]

For more than two weeks now the wind has been blowing without stopping. No flying. Drinking. Waiting. Checking planes and talking about tactics. I was able to put my hands on a camera and take some photos. I also had a photo taken of me:

[IMG]http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i395/Bayushiseni/Wings%20of%20war%20and%20Glory/Interlude%203%20-%20Cold%20Cold%20Wind/Joachim.jpg[/IMG]

Tobias Newmann kept to himself after his first ...
  2. The Kindness of Strangers - Interlude 1 – A Letter from the Land of the Soviets

[I][B]June, 13 1940[/B][/I]

"What's the long face, Joachim? Bad news?" "More or less Dave..." "I hope everything will work well for you. Is it that a letter from the Soviet Union?" "Yes." "Kyte! Kyte! Come here quickly. And bring that bottle of gin your uncle sent you! I think we'll learn a little more about our... aaah... international friend here!" "I'm coming!" "So, Joachim, share your pains with us, your comrades ...
  3. The Kindness of Strangers WW2 Campaign - Chapter 4 – 3000 or More - Part 2

[B][I]May 30, 1940[/I][/B]
    [I]
    "Dover! I thought we wouldn't make it." "How can I get back to my aerodrome?" "We'll see to it, don't you worry." Thank you, Captain." "No my boy. Thank you. If you weren't up there we wouldn't make it. Those Stukas are merciless." "I'm happy to be of help." "Your clothes are already dry. You can dress them. An Infantry Captain named Stewart wants to speak with you before you leave." "Very ...
  4. The Kindness of Strangers WW2 Campaign - Chapter 4 – 3000 or More - Part 1

[B][I]May 30, 1940[/I][/B]

[I]"C'mon lad! Up we go! Take out that wet clothes and roll this blanket around yourself." "Than-thank you." "Don't talk for now. You're shaking. Drink this. I was saving it for when we dock at Dover but you can have it." "Thanks. The German?..." "Gone home, my lad. Those who survived... You boys were angels up there." "Thanks..." "Where are you from?" "Por... Por... Poland." ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The Kindness of Strangers WW2 Campaign - Chapter 3 – Targets of Opportunity

Late afternoon, 12 May 1940, Somewhere over NW France

Two days ago, the German war machine had come to France, and “Marianne” was finding [I]blitzkrieg[/I] to be an unforgiving dance partner. The initial thrust of the attack had broken through French lines in several locations; troops were already falling back before the flood, reeling from a coordinated series of strikes that had overwhelmed their defenses.

It had been two of the longest, most frustrating ...