Ares Games

Recent Blogs Posts

1. General Overview of WWI Miniatures - Timeline and Theaters 2016

[QUOTE=OldGuy59;311156]My first kick at the can [up to 10th edit (Post #36), edits, confirmations, references], trying to emulate Dan-Sam's WWII line-up of minis to conflicts. Was this an eye-opener! I actually have a few interesting options for what was supposed to be a Western Front collection. This is including the proposed Series 9 release, and some substitution suggestions for existing models. I'm not knowledgeable enough to sort out which planes flew where, but I know there are lots of ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. My Gimbal Installation Method

[QUOTE=BryanR;31627]I received my gimbals in the mail from Aerodrome Accessories. Now I just needed to figure out a good way to install them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]241113[/ATTACH]

I was planing on gluing the ball part into the plane, and mounting the ring part on a stand like Col. Hajj suggests. I even ordered a bunch of extra ball bearings so I could switch out all my minis, and future minis with the ringed pegs. But I couldn't bring my self to drill into my minis, so I opted ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images            
  3. Strategy Advice

[QUOTE=RJames;466900]

Wings of Glory ● Campaign Rules and Awards
    Crash survival:
    • Roll 2d6:
    6 or less: KIA
    7: survives landing but dies of wounds (DOW)
    8: severely injured; must skip 2d6 missions; may fly again thereafter
    9: injured; must skip 1d6 missions; may fly again thereafter
    10: bruised; must skip 1 mission; may fly again thereafter
    11+: unharmed; may fly again immediately ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. My humble collection Feb 2018

Greetings!

Having read the forum posts here for several years and finally signing up recently, I thought I would share my Wings of Glory collection as it stands this month.

Of course it all began years ago with this lovely gift:
    Name:  66DD35AC-5DFC-4B8C-945D-D03C2C9063D7.jpg
Views: 3552
Size:  198.0 KB
    Sadly my kids have accidentally broken my WW1 planes so those WW1 planes will be some of my next purchases this summer.

For now my focus has been on 1/144 scale ...

Updated 02-14-2018 at 14:07 by ArkansasChuck

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Surprise in Games

[QUOTE=surfimp;432675]I am pleased to find this thread, as I too have been pondering ways to introduce the element of surprise in WoG, to try to emulate the effect of being bounced by a previously-unseen enemy.

My take works as follows, using only the contents of the WGF RAP box:

- Game is to be played on a 140cm x 100cm play surface (i.e. two WoG mats butted together on their long edges)
    - Divide players into Attackers and Defenders.
    - Defender deploys fully ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized