Ares Games

Everything you wanted to know about The Cowman... but were too smart to go there...

My name is Ken... but you can call me The Cowman. I am a hardcore gamer currently living in Baltimore, Ohio. I have been an avid fan of WWI aircraft since I was a teen. I spent many hours putting in hundreds of games of "Ace of Aces" in the 1980's... still have my original Rotary set. I recently spent a few years playing Aerodrome with 1/72 scale models but am no longer playing with that group for personal reasons.

I have played WOW since it first came out, and just recently picked up a large amount of WoW gear! I am hooked and looking for local players.

I am 43 years old, permanently disabled and unable to drive, which makes that endeavor difficult, but I am not giving up hope. Hoping to make some new friends here on these forums.

Current Location:Baltimore, Ohio U.S.A.
Hometown: Gahanna, Ohio
Current Occupation: Disabled homebody
Previous Occupations: Night Club Manager/Entertainer, Retail Manager.
Nickname: Nerdboy (Since birth), The Cowman (for about 15 years)
Hobbies:Gaming, Modeling, Painting, PC repair
Favorite Beers: Free... followed by Bass, then Guinness
Places I have Lived:Gahanna, Ohio; Burlington, Kentucky; Columbus, Ohio; Baltimore, Ohio
Favorite Travel Locations: Florida's East Coast, Hills of Tennessee
Favorite Actor Sir Sean Connery
Favorite Actress Zooey Deschanel, Rachel Weisz (dead tie)
Favorite Bands AC/DC, Pink Floyd
Favorite Activity Playing video games with my 5 yr. old Nephew (hilarious stuff!), followed by WoW (When I can find an opponent or two)

I have been known to do odd things now and then... like last June when I asked to have my head split open with a battle axe, and then had the wound closed with staples from the Frankenstein Era:

Hurt like heck... NOT! This was some excellent prosthetic makeup work done at the Midwest Haunters Con. I got asked over and over all day "What happened to your head?" This is me... a bit of a nut...

...And so we continue our exploration of the alien specimen known as The Cowman...

As I mentioned in the first section, I am a hardcore gamer, and living in Central Ohio has allowed me to attend the Origins Games Fair every year for the last 15 years. It all started when a friend and I decided to run a home grown Sci-Fi minis event for about four years straight at the con. It was called Galactic Junkyard, and led to a domain and web site that is still a work in progress. We have played hundreds of different games over the years, I have volunteered for three game companies, moderated and administrated two different online gaming forums, and managed a local game store for a year before my health started to decline and I was forced to stop working. I am hoping to run some very large Wings of War events at Origin 2011!

I love to read, and also love movies and TV. I try to fill my squishy brainpan with as much nonsense as I can... and then attempt to make sense of it all... so far I am still working on it.

The Cowman's 42 Favorite Movies
  • A Bridge Too Far
  • A Knight's Tale
  • Aliens
  • Bladerunner
  • Finding Nemo
  • Footloose
  • Galaxy Quest
  • Highlander
  • Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
  • Logan's Run
  • Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Rings
  • Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
  • Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
  • Medicine Man
  • Monty Python and the Holy Grail
  • Raiders of the Lost Ark
  • Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
  • Spaceballs
  • Star Trek (2009)
  • Star Trek: First Contact
  • Star Trek: The Wrath of Kahn
  • Star Wars: A New Hope
  • Star Wars: Attack of the Clones
  • Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
  • Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
  • Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
  • Stargate
  • Superman
  • Superman II
  • Superman Returns
  • The Fifth Element
  • The Goonies
  • The Hunt for Red October
  • The Incredibles
  • The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
  • The Long Kiss Goodnight
  • The Longest day
  • The Mummy
  • The Name of the Rose
  • The Quiet Man
  • The Rock
  • Uncle Buck
As you can see, my taste can be a bit diverse... but there are a few obvious themes.

OK... so lets summarize so far: We know that The Cowman is a bit odd ... We know that the Cowman has an eclectic taste in films. We know that The Cowman has had a website/domain for years that is still under perpetual construction. But how did The Cowman become The Cowman??? Well there is a story for you....

In 1992 I took a job as a doorman for a local large country dance nightclub in Columbus called "In Cahoots." While answering the phone one evening the manager commented that I had a great voice and they needed a happy hour DJ. So it happened. I became a DJ. After a year at "In Cahoots" I moved on to a very large Nightclub on Columbus's East Side called "Club Dance." After a few years working there I was talking to a regular customer one evening and noticed her cowpsotted baseball cap. I asked her where she got it and she told me it was from a truck stop out west. Three weeks later she came in and gave me a brand new "cowhat" as a gift. I wore it every night for weeks. One night as a customer was leaving she looked at me and said "Cya later Cowman." And so began a strange series of events. I decided that "The Cowman" would make a great DJ name and started calling myself by the name... and the customers started bringing me "cow" gifts. Vests, hats, stuffed cows, cups... you name it... it became an out of control phenomena. And thus the Cowman was born and my obsession grew to worrisome proportions. I worked for 12 years as the DJ, MC, Host, Events planner, and Assistant manager of the club... I have been "The Cowman" ever since. It will be part of who I am forever.

My life so far has been a journey of a lot of eclectic experiences... with my center being made up of an outgoing, social, game loving geek! In High School I expanded my love of aviation and became a member of the Civil Air Patrol for four years.

Pretty handsome 14 year old geek don't ya think?!?!