Ares Games

Hobby

Hobby related subjects of all kinds

1. Reviresco Sopwith Camel Build Project

This is a summary of my Reviresco Sopwith Camel Build Project from the Hobby Forum:

It is 3:00 AM and I spent most of the day in bed with a sinus infection... I want to start airbrushing my two other builds, but I can't run my really loud compressor without risking waking my 80 yr. old Pop... so I decided to start on the Camel!

1. Clean off any flashing on the model
    2. Fill any cavities and rub
  2. Georges Guynemer Spad Repaint Project

This is a summary of my Georges Guynemer Spad Repaint Project:

1-16-2011:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cowman View Post
    As a favor to CappyTom I will be taking a Nexus Baracca Spad XIII mini and repainting it to match the paint job of Georges Guynemer's French Spad VII.

I was wondering if any of the more experienced modelers here would mind suggesting some paint colors to match the scheme as closely as possible?

I hope to take a few pictures as I go... at least I don't have to worry about cutting

Updated 02-25-2011 at 09:17 by The Cowman

Categories
    Hobby , WWI Modeling
  3. Reviresco Sopwith Triplane Build Project

This is a summary of my Reviresco Sopwith Triplane Build Project from the Hobby Forum:

11-23-2010
    Last night I started my first Reviresco miniature build... Figured I would jump in head first and go for a harder one, so I chose to do the Sopwith Tripe. I am going to attempt to photo-document my work here in this thread as I progress.

I will be following a set of tips and instructions kindly provided to me by Flying Officer Kyte. If this project should

Updated 01-16-2011 at 01:02 by The Cowman

Categories
    Hobby , WWI Modeling
  4. How NOT to prepare a WoW Event - A Somewhat Lengthy Tale of Printing and Horror...

Beware those allergic to Stupidity...

So I begin my tale by telling you how extremely excited I am to be finishing up the last minute preparations for my upcoming tournament on Sunday. This morning I made a list of the things I need to get done to ensure that things go smoothly for my first WoW tournament... well, we should actually say my second attempt at my first WoW tournament... (you have to check the AAR's for that story...)

My case manager and good friend Janet ...

Updated 01-05-2011 at 19:13 by The Cowman

Categories
    Hobby , PR/Event planning/Event ideas and tips , Humor
  5. Reviresco SE.5a Build Project

This is a summary of my Reviresco SE.5a Build Project from the Hobby Forum:

11-28-2010
    Well... here we are again...

My Reviresco Tripe build has stalled for a bit while I wait for the opportunity to go get needed parts. I am trying to keep busy working through these kits, so I have decided to get ambitious and start the RAF SE.5a kit.

Unfortunately I do not have a helpful set of tips and instructions to guide me through the build this

Updated 12-20-2010 at 22:19 by The Cowman (Still working out the kinks...)

Categories
    Hobby , WWI Modeling