Ares Games

Wings of Glory WW2: WGS Blog.

From [I]Spifires to Solitaire [/I]...[I] Biplanes to Boom Cards:[/I] [B]This Is WGS [/B]:)

Picking out the highlights mostly of my Glory playing career as it develops from February 2015 to the Present Day. Playing WGS full-time but with a closet interest in WGF as played a few times this blog will feature[I] new developments ... new aircraft types ... banter[/I] ... [B]BoOm CaRdS![/B] You name it:[I] If it happens to a Glory player [/I]it will no doubt turn up here at some point!

As nothing ever completely smells of roses there will no doubt be the odd down-side to tell of now and again ... Having to miss games and events as I suffer from bipolar disorder and quite badly is my main concern: I was first diagnosed with this in 2003. Two events / arrangements have already [I]fallen foul [/I]of me being unwell during 2015.

Solitaire playing figures lots in my WGS playing career at the moment but when the Wife is able to she plays as well. I hope that what appears is entertaining and enjoyable unless I am unwell and have to miss out in which case I am just being honest about what is going on.

B :salute:

1. Glory Blog: Entry number 32

by , 09-08-2015 at 10:09 (Wings of Glory WW2: WGS Blog.)
    [B]With the venture almost complete [/B](one aircraft to go) the [I]Wings of War dive bombers [/I]exploded their way into action today in a 2 hour 30 minute Solitaire extravaganza where they were opposed by some of the nastiest FLAK and AA guns I have used to defend a ground target so far. The scenario extended from yesterday's [B]Avro Vulcan B.2[/B] action which involved[I] XH560 [/I](which now thanks to Mike - OldGuy59 is now my custom avatar) being hit by ground fire and having to recover to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  
  2. Glory Blog: Entry number 31

by , 09-07-2015 at 01:33 (Wings of Glory WW2: WGS Blog.)
    [FONT=Fixedsys]DATE: 06SEP15 MSG READS: Vulcan crew at Boddington to get off the Aerodrome and get an early night ready for 07SEP15 Operation LAST TRAIN. The disused sweet factory on the Chesterfield Road is the mock target which the Vulcan must hit using a full complement of practice bombs. Judging by last efforts on O'Neills II live target this assignment should not be difficult but is still there to maintain a decent standard of combat readiness :MSG ENDS:[/FONT]

As [B]Avro Vulcan ...

Updated 09-08-2015 at 10:10 by Tonx (Typo! / Unable to add photograph?)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Glory Blog: Entry number 30

by , 08-31-2015 at 04:05 (Wings of Glory WW2: WGS Blog.)
    If you listen carefully this blog entry makes an unusual sound ... [B]It emits a POWER HOWL![/B] This is because it documents the successful flight yesterday of what is believed to be the first WGS fully compatible [B]Avro Vulcan B.2[/B]. [I]XH560[/I] wearing 27 Squadron RAF colours first took to the skies of WGS on August 30th 2015 as a conventionally bombing [I]trophy[/I] aircraft. The product of two weeks of planning and sizing up using a diecast metal 1:200 Scale aircraft of this type and the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Glory Blog: Entry number 29

by , 08-16-2015 at 17:25 (Wings of Glory WW2: WGS Blog.)
    [B]Somebody wake me up please ... [/B][I]I'm still dreaming that I won a Galland Edition Messerschmitt Bf.109E-3 playing a snooker match![/I] I definitely bought the other one from my opponent who lives locally to me and who I know from visiting my Friendly Local Gaming Store. This equally as collectable [I]Molders[/I] Edition [B]Messerschmitt Bf.109E-3[/B] cost me GBP £35.00 and I was keen on acquiring both of these for such reasonable prices. However it was all down to money and knowing that whichever ...

Updated 08-16-2015 at 20:42 by Tonx (Forgot to include photo!)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Glory Blog: Entry number 28

by , 08-11-2015 at 01:58 (Wings of Glory WW2: WGS Blog.)
    [B]After a long gap between Entries number 27 and 28 [/B]I am pleased to report that there is Wings of Glory WW2 / WGS activity here again ... Entry number 27 is dated July 1st 2015! [I]Oh My Days!!![/I]

With an[B] opportunity to refresh the Circuits and Bumps thread [/B]on here (see WW2 / Missions for more) thanks to the [B]Avro Lancaster B Mk I 'Dambuster' [/B]August has had the most promising of starts to it. Even though I have had this Heavy Bomber since early May it has only ...

Updated 08-11-2015 at 03:43 by Tonx

Categories
    Uncategorized