Ares Games

Wings of Glory WW2: WGS Blog.

From [I]Spifires to Solitaire [/I]...[I] Biplanes to Boom Cards:[/I] [B]This Is WGS [/B]:)

Picking out the highlights mostly of my Glory playing career as it develops from February 2015 to the Present Day. Playing WGS full-time but with a closet interest in WGF as played a few times this blog will feature[I] new developments ... new aircraft types ... banter[/I] ... [B]BoOm CaRdS![/B] You name it:[I] If it happens to a Glory player [/I]it will no doubt turn up here at some point!

As nothing ever completely smells of roses there will no doubt be the odd down-side to tell of now and again ... Having to miss games and events as I suffer from bipolar disorder and quite badly is my main concern: I was first diagnosed with this in 2003. Two events / arrangements have already [I]fallen foul [/I]of me being unwell during 2015.

Solitaire playing figures lots in my WGS playing career at the moment but when the Wife is able to she plays as well. I hope that what appears is entertaining and enjoyable unless I am unwell and have to miss out in which case I am just being honest about what is going on.

B :salute:

1. Deleted - why do I bother?

by , 06-02-2016 at 17:41 (Wings of Glory WW2: WGS Blog.)
    Deleted - why do I bother?

Updated 06-11-2016 at 04:29 by Tonx (Post deleted.)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Dunkin Does Dundee ... a k a A Tale Of Two Accents!

by , 05-26-2016 at 17:42 (Wings of Glory WW2: WGS Blog.)
    As the investigation continues as to how two Avro Vulcans [I]ended up within 1000 yards of each other [/I]on [B]May 25th 2016 [/B]a transcript has been released of a bizarre conversation between the Officer In Charge and Vulcan sponsor organisation [B]Chopper Squad[/B]. It was during the course of this conversation that as [B]XL321[/B] callsign [I]Fireball 321 [/I]was recovering to base from the south [B]XM595[/B] was cleared to take off from RAF Boddington callsign[I] Thunderball 595 [/I]forcing ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images      
  3. Glory Blog: Entry number 39

by , 12-21-2015 at 10:25 (Wings of Glory WW2: WGS Blog.)
    Replacement entry for original number 39 in which I'm choosing to be honest again about my current situation. My disability for now has won and I was admitted to hospital on December 18th on a Section 28. So I may be here for some time and as for the damage this potentially could cause to my playing career - well I will just have to take that on the chin. I am on my phone as here you only get one hour internet access every day and I have burned most of that finding and buying a few diecast 1/72 ...

Updated 12-21-2015 at 18:23 by Tonx (Elmstead House correction.)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Glory Blog: Entry number 40

by , 12-07-2015 at 07:45 (Wings of Glory WW2: WGS Blog.)
    [B]Quick! Write something cheerful!!! [/B][I]Erm ... As I approach 2000 postings on the Aerodrome [/I]I have received a few messages in which Members have encouraged me to stay away from being a[B] lurker [/B]/ [I]Member who joins and then contributes little to nothing. [/I]So in recognition of all of these messages and the positivity and encouragement I have received here goes with a suitable and appropriate Blog Entry.

[B]The big news [/B]:minis: wise is that I have successfully ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Glory Blog: Entry number 38

by , 11-14-2015 at 10:41 (Wings of Glory WW2: WGS Blog.)
    Today is [B]Saturday November 14th [/B]and I have just been playing [I]Solitaire[/I] for three hours. Today's session was a pretty much long-awaited [I]Bombers Outing [/I]which featured the first deployment of [B]Avro Vulcan B.2[/B] [I]XH560[/I] in over a month as well as a pair of [B]Avro Lancaster B . IIIs [/B]being attacked by Axis Fighters. The Mission for [B]Thunderball 560 [/B]was an outright success as it conventionally bombed a target which was previously known to aircraft and crew whist ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast