Ares Games

Daniel's Notepad

Blog about Traveling on Wings of Glory

1. Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 10: Downtown

21/6/2016

After a beautiful game full of discovering campus I had a free day today. I woke late, but there wasn't a reason for being an early bird today (may be temperatures?).
    Let me tell few words about how we Europeans imagine America. OK, Indians and cowboys are off the game, but for many of us, America is something like land of skyscrapers with wide streets, yellow cabs and always overcrowded with people with Starbucks coffee in their hands. America is like in series Friends, ...

Updated 06-01-2022 at 05:16 by Dan-Sam

Categories
    Origins 2016
  2. Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 9: University Campus and Bookshop

20/6/2016

The first morning when I did not have any duties. I woke up early and cough a bus to the airport. First recomandation: Have as many 1$ banknotes as possible. Every time." Bus don't give you change back. During my first bus drive, I should pay 2$,but have just 1.50$. Drive told me that today I am 10 years old and let me go. In the second bus I had to pay whole 5$ instead 2.75$. Life's that.
    I needed to go to the airport because I am still little nervous about ...

Updated 06-01-2022 at 05:16 by Dan-Sam

Categories
    Origins 2016
  3. Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 8: The Air Force Museum, Dayton

19/06/2016

Today I must woke up really early - we needed to be in Museum about 9 o'clock. So I packed all things to my two bags and went to the lobby waiting for Andy. Unfortunately, he slept really hard so he could join us. We (me, Keith and Ken) to Dayton where the Museum is. After a quick breakfast in McDonald we arrived there about 8:45 and took a short walk in a park - it is nice how Americans like their veterans and soldiers.
    Harry (matt56) joined us right before enter ...

Updated 06-01-2022 at 05:15 by Dan-Sam

Categories
    Origins 2016
  4. Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 7: Diversity and Invitational Game

18/06/2016

Today was a big day. When I woke up I was looking forward to playing my favourite games again. When we (me and Andy, today I was a little late) came to the Buckeye Gamers in Flight site the WWI mission was already running (Dragon Hunt) and Ann was just preparing her Sails of Glory mission. I played Sails only once on Prague Summer Con '16 (Sven was a GM) so I tried again. I jumped into with Chris, my wingmen, and we played British fleet with a mother charming lady and her ...

Updated 06-01-2022 at 05:15 by Dan-Sam

Categories
    Origins 2016
  5. Journey on the Wings of Glory - Chapter 6: Game Mastering and Others

17/06/2016

Andy was late. Me and Keith were waiting for him for, but we serrendered and went for a breakfast without him. He cough is in a que and we took our boxes and continued to the main hall.
    I was little nervous - the day started with my WWII mission called Sky Over the Railyard. I usually run missions in Prague without being nervous, but this mission was special. My own design of gaming mat (my hometown Havlíčkův Brod - you can look on Google Maps) with combination ...

Updated 06-01-2022 at 05:14 by Dan-Sam

Categories
    Origins 2016
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast