Ares Games

Lt. S.Kafloc

1. Chapter 8: Biggles returns to France (part 1)

Chapter 8: Biggles returns to France

Biggles and Fortymore had been away from 266 Sqn for 6 months. During that time Biggles had met Algy once, in London, when Algy was on leave. He couldn’t wait to get back to the mess at Maranique and catch up with all the gossip. Not wanting to dawdle Biggles and Fortymore volunteered to fly 2 replacement camels to a nearby squadron then they would get a lift to Maranique. The flight there was uneventful and they were soon taxiing to a landing. ...

Updated 07-16-2014 at 10:18 by Lt. S.Kafloc

Categories
    Biggles
  2. Chapter 7: Blighty

Chapter 7: Blighty.

Biggles was out of hospital within 3 weeks. Unfortunately his posting back to France was delayed, somewhat, by a short detour to a training establishment at Woodbridge, a little to the north east of Ipswich. On arrival he found he was billeted in a room at the home of Mrs Willoughby-White, whose husband was the secretary of the Woodbridge Golf Club. The house stood in a small copse of trees and had its own swimming pool and was located just off the ...

Updated 07-16-2014 at 10:23 by Lt. S.Kafloc

Categories
    Biggles
  3. Chapter 6: The penny drops

“Aufmerksamkeit. Offiziere darf ich vorstellen Hauptman Leffens, ihrem neuen Kommandandt.” The officer standing in the door was slightly built, a monocle in his left eye, his dress overcoat draped over his shoulders. He looked with indifference around the room. Hauptman Leffens looked each and every officer in the eye. Each and every officer knew this was not a man to be trifled with. His reputation had preceded him. OberLeutnant Willhelm von Klugermann, adjutant of Jasta 23c, looked towards his ...

Updated 07-16-2014 at 10:29 by Lt. S.Kafloc

Categories
    Biggles
  4. Chapter 5: Revenge for the fallen

Chapter 5: Revenge for the fallen

Major Mullen explained to Captain Maclaren the importance of the reconnaissance photographs that Corps Hq required again. “Now Captain, Corps need those photographs as they are suspicious of activity reported by the French just to our south. They have information that the Hun is building up supplies in their rear area just behind the front line opposite Corps area”.
    “I know sir, but we’ve had this before and its turned out to be a red herring”. ...

Updated 10-20-2015 at 15:15 by Lt. S.Kafloc

Categories
    Biggles
  5. Chapter 4: Biggles and the Harry Tate

"Ah Algy. Last mission today then a day off. Fancy a run into town or croquet?".
    "Croquet Biggles, croquet. You hate the game, so I guess it’s a run into town. Think Mac will lend us his Harry Tate?"
    "Dunno, but I'll ask before we leave, fancy a G&T or a nice cuppa?"
    "Oh a nice cuppa me thinks, it’s getting chilly early today"
    "Cpl Jones be a good chap and bring a fresh pot out will you, and some of the Adjutants ...

Updated 07-16-2014 at 10:34 by Lt. S.Kafloc

Categories
    Biggles
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast