Ares Games

fast.git

1. The Kindness of Strangers – Chapter 6 – Hunters Hunted

13 May 1940, somewhere in NE France

[I]“Attention! Pilote allemande… Que pensez-vous que vous ętes en train de faire!?”[/I]

I stopped, taking care to make nothing that could be interpreted as a threatening gesture, and offered with genuine offense, [I]“Allemand? Mais non... Anglais ! Je suis un pilote anglais....”[/I] Turning slowly, I favored the owner of the gravelly voice and ancient fowling piece with an exhausted silence.

Nothing forthcoming from ...
  2. The Kindness of Strangers WW2 Campaign - Chapter 3 – Targets of Opportunity

Late afternoon, 12 May 1940, Somewhere over NW France

Two days ago, the German war machine had come to France, and “Marianne” was finding [I]blitzkrieg[/I] to be an unforgiving dance partner. The initial thrust of the attack had broken through French lines in several locations; troops were already falling back before the flood, reeling from a coordinated series of strikes that had overwhelmed their defenses.

It had been two of the longest, most frustrating ...
  3. The Kindness of Strangers WW2 Campaign - Chapter 2 - Introductions

Early morning, 10 May 1940, Berry-au-Bac, France

Tendrils of mist curled skyward as the last vestiges of night fled before the dawn. The muted sounds of a little village waking up filled the air, heralding a day full of promise. The air was crisp and clean; the showers of the previous evening having dispersed. It was, by almost any standard, a beautiful morning.

Sergeant (Pilot) Christopher George Raymond, No. 1 Squadron RAF, noticed none of these things. Instead, ...