Ares Games

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Random Starting Locations

Not really a blog post, but posting this here for future reference. This is from member Charlie3.

https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/do.../ropd2_Nc0.jpg

• Each side rolls one D6. If both sides roll the same number use the head to head set up in the Wings of War rules.
    • If a side rolls lower, they are the defending side. Place the defending planes in the center of the table.
    • Roll two D6 and refer to the diagram for the location and facing of attacking planes.
    • Roll

Updated 04-11-2023 at 08:04 by predhead

Tags: Charlie3
    Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  
  2. Book Review - Hoosier Aviator Paul Baer: America's First Combat Ace

Name:  1467138495.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_SX500_.jpg
Views: 1015
Size:  45.6 KB
    I've had this small History Press book for several months now, and have read it twice. I thought others might be interested in a bit of a book review.

Book details: Hoosier Aviator Paul Baer: America's First Combat Ace, written by Tony Garel-Frantzen. Published 2017, History Press. 128 pgs. Photos.

This is a decently written book about the first American ace of the Great War, Indiana native Paul Baer, the first United States ...

Updated 06-13-2023 at 07:25 by predhead

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Ideas for Random Pilot Skills

In an effort to break away from our standard Wright Flight gaming sessions, in which we always start at peg four and no rookies, and rarely aces, I decided to mix things up a bit at the last Wright Flight gathering. To that end we allowed players to choose their starting height, including if they wanted to have climb counters in play, and used the C Deck to determine some random pilot/observer skills/abilities. Each player pulled a card from the deck, and the following parameters were used: ...

Updated 03-20-2023 at 08:04 by predhead

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Diving Back In

More like a slow dive....

I had sold all my Wings stuff a couple of years ago as I wanted to focus on WWI air combat using Check Your 6. To be honest, I enjoy CY6 more than I do Wings (heretic, right?). I feel like CY6 provides a better feel as well as more realistic maneuvers for our little planes on the tabletop. I had quite a collection of aircraft with some modified paint jobs, extra decks, ace skill cards, tools of the trade, etc., etc. Sold it really for a song, but I also ...
  5. Location Update for Wright Flight Events

It looks as though are events will now be on the second Saturday of each month at Epic Loot, located in Centerville. Matt56 will be posting our events on the 'Drome with specific information. The Hobby Shop has been a nice home for us, but they schedule tourneys without much notice, and table space becomes an issue. Epic Loot has larger tables, access to restrooms, is well lit, cleaner overall, and has an opening for us on a regular basis. Parking is a bit hectic, but our lunch spot now is a ...
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast