Ares Games

Ramblings Over the Front

The occasional post of my Wings of War/Glory gaming and collecting.

1. The End of a Baer

Name:  image-25-698x1024.png
Views: 20788
Size:  515.1 KB
    Paul F. Baer in front of his SPAD S.VII

As members of the forum may know, I have some great interest in the Escadraille Americaine/Lafayette Escadrille/103rd Aero. I have a few planes to represent the various stages of this squadron, ranging from two Nieuport N.11 repaints, to the Thaw/Lufbery Nieuport N.17, to four SPAD S.VIIs for the 103rd Aero. Also, one of the interesting American pilots of the war, and one who was the American Ace of Aces ...
  2. Those 103rd Aero Boys

Just a piccie of the various 103rd Aero SPAD C.VIIs I have - Soubiran (Ares), Baer (R.A.F.), Biddle (R.A.F.), and another Baer in which I painted the cowling a different color. Deep Cut Studios mat is the playing surface. The 103rd used the SPAD VII into July and perhaps August 1918.

The SPAD VII is one of those planes that does not seem to do well in Wings (due to a tendency ...
  3. Book Review - Hoosier Aviator Paul Baer: America's First Combat Ace

Name:  1467138495.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_SX500_.jpg
Views: 1015
Size:  45.6 KB
    I've had this small History Press book for several months now, and have read it twice. I thought others might be interested in a bit of a book review.

Book details: Hoosier Aviator Paul Baer: America's First Combat Ace, written by Tony Garel-Frantzen. Published 2017, History Press. 128 pgs. Photos.

This is a decently written book about the first American ace of the Great War, Indiana native Paul Baer, the first United States ...

Updated 06-13-2023 at 07:25 by predhead

Categories
    Uncategorized