Ares Games

Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Jager
    Certainly a good plan. Sadly, I'm out of schedulable vacation days for this year. So if planning goes into the next I'll see.
    Karl
    We'll see what we can put together for this year, if anything, and if it goes well we could o it again in the future!
    Certainly a good plan. Sadly, I'm out of schedulable vacation days for this year. So if planning goes into the next I'll see.
    Karl
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry R.
    Looks good!
    Thanks, Larry!
    Looks good!
    Quote Originally Posted by flash
    The first M.1 flew in 1915 and was probably designed the year before that so the structure could even be at a 9, even if it was introduced in 1916.
    V deck would be better than and closer to the K deck the committee selected as it has an Immel that the K lacks..
    I could go with the 9 for structure then! As for the V Deck, that is for inline engines (using the tool file). I might be swayed to go with the V Deck, until I can find more evidence of its flying characteristics. I have the Over the Front issue coming to me that has an article on the Ponnier - hoping it has more information!
    The first M.1 flew in 1915 and was probably designed the year before that so the structure could even be at a 9, even if it was introduced in 1916.
    V deck would be better than and closer to the K deck the committee selected as it has an Immel that the K lacks..
    Quote Originally Posted by camelbeagle
    I would give it a V deck with 10 structure points.
    Using the guide to determine plane stats, a 1916 light structure plane starts at 11. The V Deck seems to be a J Deck modified, and according to the guide a J Deck is for inline engines. The Ponnier used the 9 cylinder Le Rhone and other planes using that engine are all over the map for maneuver decks. I need to find more details on how the Ponnier actual flew as opposed to Nungesser's dismissive experience.
    I would give it a V deck with 10 structure points.
    Success indeed, and yes, take two! I have the AK German colors set on order!
    Take number two?
    Success!
    Quote Originally Posted by flash
    Love the lines of the Morane-Saulnier Type AI, it's a sweet looking ride. I have the Austin-Ball prototypes which use the N deck, I have both of the wing types but they only get used occasionally when a 'new type' is called for in a scenario in OTT, they look troublingly German with their lines. I have taken to using them against Martians though, up-gunned with a cannon through the prop boss augmented with the over wing Lewis and slowed down to an F deck, so a little more stable & predictable.
    I've gamed T&T once, and so having a later bird is not a bad idea, but as I am trying to limit the collection I think I am leaving towards the MS with either MS156 markings for David Putnam, or Belgian markings since I have all the Belgian Nexus/Ares and R.A.F. full color birds available (well, once I order the B.E.2c). The Austin-Ball looks neat, but there are no plane cards for it that I know of.
    Love the lines of the Morane-Saulnier Type AI, it's a sweet looking ride. I have the Austin-Ball prototypes which use the N deck, I have both of the wing types but they only get used occasionally when a 'new type' is called for in a scenario in OTT, they look troublingly German with their lines. I have taken to using them against Martians though, up-gunned with a cannon through the prop boss augmented with the over wing Lewis and slowed down to an F deck, so a little more stable & predictable.
    I thought as much...it sucks! That's why I want to do one.
    At a max speed of 140 km/h the unofficial aircraft stats worksheet would give it a XD deck.
    Thanks! It is getting there...just waiting decals and this tripe will be ready.
    looking good there Daryl!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket
    Very nice looking mat.
    It is a bit muted for color as compared to what is shown on the Deep Cut website, but I can live with it.
    Very nice looking mat.
    Okay. For future reference, I used/use Castrol Super Clean. No odor, biodegradable, etc.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast