Ares Games

Ramblings Over the Front

The occasional post of my Wings of War/Glory gaming and collecting.

1. Another Project - The Ponnier M.1

Name:  header2.jpg
Views: 2910
Size:  128.6 KB
    One of the smallest of Great War fighters, which might have led to its perceived poor performance as being nose heavy. Nungesser disliked the plane, and unknown (at the time) Willi Coppens did not want to fly it either. But Coppens would have had no "clout" in 1916, and Nungesser was performing acrobatics at 200 meters in an unfamiliar plane was led to him being injured.

However, I feel that the Ponnier has been unfairly represented. ...
  2. The Collection, or How the Wright Flight Needs An Intervention

I've been updating the aircraft list for the Wright Flight, just the core players, and thus far five of us have 300 Ares/Nexus aircraft and balloons. When pulling the information together, it is apparent that we have too many Olieslager Camels, can field a bombing wing of Capronis, and have more Fokker Dr.Is than were actually built during the war. Okay, I may be stretching the truth a
  3. And We Keep Growing...

Our little band of gamers grows here on the Aerodrome. Four of us now grace the forum, and I hope to recruit a few more. Seems like a truly grand place with lots of helpful and friendly members. Besides myself, Smitch, Adler64, and The G Dog are onboard. We are all longtime miniatures gamers, with Adler64 and The G Dog getting me hooked years ago at college (Miami University) where they were doing a micro armor game. I had been a boardgamer for a number of years before that, an older cousin ...
  4. We're...Addicted

Quote Originally Posted by predhead View Post
    Adler64. The G Dog, Smitch, and myself...we have a problem...a BIG problem. Call the families, we need an intervention. Call the mental ward, we need a permanent wing. You see, we have TOO MANY PLANES! Between the four of us we have @150 Nexus/Ares Wings of War/Wings of Glory aircraft, along with balloons.

I made a mistake I tell you...I started talking about gaming WoW again a couple of months ago, and I think that renewed the arms race. I had a few aircraft from a
  5. Luke and Lothar Have Arrived

Within the last week or so I have been able to buy a couple of planes (one from eBay and one from a member here)...Frank Luke and Lothar von Richthofen. I already have the Rahn Fokker Dr.I, and have shied away from the Red Baron Syndrome (similar to the Maus Syndrome of WWII), but wanted another strange looking Dr.I, so Lothar was going for a good price and has found his way into my small but slowly growing collection. And of course I just HAD to have another American plane as having only one ...