Ares Games

Ramblings Over the Front

The occasional post of my Wings of War/Glory gaming and collecting.

1. Next Wright Flight Event

A few years ago I was running our Facebook presence for the Wright Flight, a group of guys based in greater Dayton and greater Cincinnati. We held monthly sessions first at The Hobby Shop, then we moved to Epic Loot in Centerville, and for the last couple of years the group has been carrying on at Dragon's Guildhall. I had dropped out actively between Epic Loot and Guildhall, but the ball was picked up nicely by several chaps. Of late both GDog and Camelbeagle have been doing a bang up job of ...
  2. The Kindness of Friends

With respect to Blackronin's blog....

Name:  P1014846.jpg
Views: 1601
Size:  55.0 KB
    The Wright Flight started from a group of gamers who have been pushing lead around tabletops for many years. Ranging from Napoleonics to World War II to everything before, in between, and after, we have forged friendships and shared many excellent experiences over a dew decades now. When we started getting really involved with Wings of Glory a few years ago, we started gaming at The Hobby Shop in Dayton, created ...
  3. The Military Heritage Chapter of the League of World War One Historians

Name:  over-the-front.png
Views: 698
Size:  41.6 KB
    Damn, that is one long-assed name for a group of folks, based mostly in southwestern and central Ohio, that gather quarterly to talk about World War One aircraft, the men that flew them, and the tactics they used. Anyone is open to join, membership is free, and the group is very welcoming.

The next meeting is slated for January 23rd at the Huffman Prairie Flying Field Interpretive Center, starting at 1:00 p.m. Chapter member Mike Rogers will be ...
  4. The Wright Flight - Saturday Event

Name:  _MG_8211.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  120.5 KB

It has been a loooong time since I have been active on The Aerodrome, but I did want to mention our next event, scheduled for this coming Saturday at The Hobby Shop in Miamisburg, Ohio (a suburb of Dayton). We will start at 10:30. Focus is on Italians and Austrians, so feel free to join us and bring any aircraft you would like from either of those nations.

https://www.facebook.com/events/557397144411112/
  5. Cincy/Dayton Group - First Event

I have just posted an event on Facebook for the Cincy/Dayton folks. All are welcome of course. Will be held Sunday, July 27th, at The Hobby Shop in Miamisburg. Shop opens at noon, we should start rolling dice...er, I mean placing cards, about 12:30. Only 1915-16 aircraft and using the boom card with most of the rules.

Event details on Facebook group page: Wings of War/Glory

We will probably play several games, but at least one 1915 and one 1916 game. These are ...