Ares Games

Ramblings Over the Front

The occasional post of my Wings of War/Glory gaming and collecting.

1. The Next Projects

Name:  Guntruck-HalberstadtDV-Ottoman.jpg
Views: 3008
Size:  107.6 KB
    Guntruck's Turkish Halberstadt D.V

Previously I have mentioned some of my upcoming projects, like the Ponnier M.1, but now I have placed a Shapeways order that have the following planes winging their way to my door, in Gray PA12:
    Albatros C.I - XD Deck
    Halberstadt D.V - Q Deck (Turkish)
    Morane Saulnier Type AI - N Deck (David Putnam MS156)
    Nieuport 17 (Vickers) - I Deck (Russian)
    Nieuport 23 - I Deck (Belgian) ...
  2. Extra Decks - I Deck

It is one of my favorite mid-war decks. While the speed is average, the broad sideslips give this deck an advantage over the V Deck of the Albatros D.I/D.II and the J Deck of the Albatros D.III and Pfalz D.III.

Name:  dhm6698.jpg
Views: 1827
Size:  71.2 KB

Selecting a plane to use with my one extra I Deck is much easier than my N Deck conundrum. Options are the Fokker D.V, the Morane-Saulnier Type V, Nieuport 17, Nieuport 17bis, Nieuport 21, Nieuport 23, and the Airco DH-5.
  3. Extra Decks - N Deck

The speedy and maneuverable N Deck - most noted for use with the S.E.5a, but there are a few other planes that use the N Deck that are often overlooked.

Name:  470-6.jpg
Views: 1170
Size:  38.4 KB

I have a couple of N Decks waiting to be utilized. The choices are the Phönix D.III, Morane-Saulnier Type AI, Bristol M.1C, Martinsyde F.4, the aforementioned S.E.5a, and the Sopwith Dolphin. Admittedly these are all rather late war planes, and some experienced little to no service. Most also ...