Ares Games

Ramblings Over the Front

The occasional post of my Wings of War/Glory gaming and collecting.

1. N.124 Action

We held another great gaming session at the Dragon's Guildhall. As I do not know everyone's 'Drome handle to list all the players, I will say that we had 6 participants at one table (a smaller group than usual due to vacations and other happening), gaming a little early war action over France.*

The group I gamed with saw the pilots of Escadrille Americaine (N.124), using ...
  2. Deep Cut Studios - The New Mat

Victor Chapman's Nieuport 11, somewhere over France.

Some weeks ago I had posted on the forum about trying to obtain a gaming mat that would be easy to carry and store, as well as fit the tables at the game store (Dragon's Guildhall near Dayton, Ohio) where the Wright Flight holds its monthly Wings sessions. After much research and gnashing of teeth, I decided to go with a Deep Cut Studio ...
  3. The Shapeways Siemens-Schuckert D.I Project - Part I

The purchase of the Reduced Aircraft Factory Siemens-Schuckert D.I was made August 30th, 2022. I obviously have an issue with working on projects in a timely manner...well at least the hobby ones. I am sure work would not appreciate such delays. The D.I has been sitting on my desk at home all this time, staring at me, taunting me, daring me to give it a try. When I finally become motivated to work on my Rumsey Nieuport 11 (which is still missing the RUM on each fuselage side), and then the Chapman ...
  4. Another Escadrille Americaine Repaint!

Name:  20230509_200335.jpg
Views: 1413
Size:  38.0 KB

Starting with another Ares Chaput as the base plane, I have created the Nieuport N.11 of Victor Chapman, the first pilot in N.124 to be killed in combat. A few coats of AK Clear Doped Linen Version 2, some crimson on the wheel covers, and then the addition of the historically accurate roundels on the top wing and we have a nice addition to the N.124 collection. The roundels on the underside of the wings are still the French ones, as found on the actual ...