Ares Games

Ramblings Over the Front

The occasional post of my Wings of War/Glory gaming and collecting.

1. The Wright Flight - Saturday Event

Early War planes this Saturday at The Hobby Shop in Miamisburg, Ohio (a suburb of Dayton). We will start at 10:30 and utilize a variety of the following planes:

1915:
    Morane-Saulnier N
    Fokker E.III

1916:
    As above plus:
    Nieuport 16
    Nieuport 17
    SPAD VII
    Halberstadt D.III
    Roland C.II
    Albatros D.II

If we add Brits
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  
  2. The Shapeways Experiment - Part I Prep Work

As you know, there are many designers on Shapeways offering 1/144th scale World War One aircraft. Many of these offerings are now being covered within the Nexus/Ares range of miniatures, but there are many others out there to help fill in those holes not covered by the official game miniatures. Last year I ordered a Plalz D.XII and a Kettering Bug; the Pfalz is still to be painted, while the Bug was kindly painted for me by Smitch. The stories I have heard about my gaming buddies and what they ...
  3. Cincy/Dayton Group - First Event

I have just posted an event on Facebook for the Cincy/Dayton folks. All are welcome of course. Will be held Sunday, July 27th, at The Hobby Shop in Miamisburg. Shop opens at noon, we should start rolling dice...er, I mean placing cards, about 12:30. Only 1915-16 aircraft and using the boom card with most of the rules.

Event details on Facebook group page: Wings of War/Glory

We will probably play several games, but at least one 1915 and one 1916 game. These are ...