Ares Games

Ramblings Over the Front

The occasional post of my Wings of War/Glory gaming and collecting.

1. Extra Decks - I Deck

It is one of my favorite mid-war decks. While the speed is average, the broad sideslips give this deck an advantage over the V Deck of the Albatros D.I/D.II and the J Deck of the Albatros D.III and Pfalz D.III.

Name:  dhm6698.jpg
Views: 1821
Size:  71.2 KB

Selecting a plane to use with my one extra I Deck is much easier than my N Deck conundrum. Options are the Fokker D.V, the Morane-Saulnier Type V, Nieuport 17, Nieuport 17bis, Nieuport 21, Nieuport 23, and the Airco DH-5.
  2. N.124 Action

We held another great gaming session at the Dragon's Guildhall. As I do not know everyone's 'Drome handle to list all the players, I will say that we had 6 participants at one table (a smaller group than usual due to vacations and other happening), gaming a little early war action over France.*

The group I gamed with saw the pilots of Escadrille Americaine (N.124), using ...
  3. June 10th - Wright Flight Event

Name:  20230105_190929[1].jpg
Views: 1576
Size:  70.3 KB
    Been speaking with CamelBeagle about the next Wright Flight session...heading to a "quiet" front, say over Verdun, for a little Escadrille Americaine (N.124) action, Nieuport 11s and 16s against Eindekkers, both Fokker and Pfalz.

June 10th, noon, at the Dragon's Guildhall in Beavercreek, Ohio (near Dayton).
  4. Another Escadrille Americaine Repaint!

Name:  20230509_200335.jpg
Views: 1413
Size:  38.0 KB

Starting with another Ares Chaput as the base plane, I have created the Nieuport N.11 of Victor Chapman, the first pilot in N.124 to be killed in combat. A few coats of AK Clear Doped Linen Version 2, some crimson on the wheel covers, and then the addition of the historically accurate roundels on the top wing and we have a nice addition to the N.124 collection. The roundels on the underside of the wings are still the French ones, as found on the actual ...