Ares Games

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Five Pegs and Altitude

Quote Originally Posted by predhead View Post
    In looking at altitude but realizing that how our group currently plays with the four-peg option and moving drastically away from that is probably not going to happen, using the advanced altitude rules is most likely a direction we would head as we like the simplicity of four pegs, plus we are most likely not enamored with the thought of changing flight stands that would represent the advanced altitude stats. And one cannot use multiple pegs to represent the advanced altitude as the pegs will tumble...broken
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. The Polish-Soviet War Project

Yeah, I need an intervention as I have plenty of projects to work on, but this one intrigues me. At one time I was going to do a 1792 Russian-Polish War project in 15mm, but alas the company that started making the figures never released more than a few packs, and the project withered on the vine. But as part of that project I read a bio on Andrzej Tadeusz Bonawentura Kościuszko and ...
  3. The End of a Baer

Name:  image-25-698x1024.png
Views: 20705
Size:  515.1 KB
    Paul F. Baer in front of his SPAD S.VII

As members of the forum may know, I have some great interest in the Escadraille Americaine/Lafayette Escadrille/103rd Aero. I have a few planes to represent the various stages of this squadron, ranging from two Nieuport N.11 repaints, to the Thaw/Lufbery Nieuport N.17, to four SPAD S.VIIs for the 103rd Aero. Also, one of the interesting American pilots of the war, and one who was the American Ace of Aces ...
  4. Ohio Game Day

Tossing around the idea of the Wright Flight hosting an all day event at Dragon's Guildhall near Dayton and using the blog to capture preliminary thoughts. Perhaps some prizes or an "Ohio Cup" for the player with the most points at the end of the day. This would be held on a Saturday (thinking late fall or early winter) and go until 6 or 7ish to allow players from a bit further afield to attend and make the drive worth their time. Fellow Wright Flighter camelbeagle I believe has a point ...
  5. The Ponnier M.1 Climb Rate, or All Climb Rates Are Not Created Equal

Quote Originally Posted by predhead View Post
    Looking through various aircraft ratings and seeing that perhaps the Ponnier's climb rate (according to the good work the unofficial stats committee does for the rest of us) is on the low side. Comparing rates of climb using the Wings of Linen site, and averaging when applicable if the is a variation of climb time. The numbers in parenthesis are the game climb rates):

Nieuport N.11 - 3000 meters in 17.33 minutes - 568 feet per minute (4)
    Nieuport N.16 - 3000 meters in 10.17
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast