Ares Games

Ramblings Over the Front

The occasional post of my Wings of War/Glory gaming and collecting.

1. The Next Obscure Project - The Euler D.I

Name:  download.jpg
Views: 1037
Size:  13.6 KB

Wrapping up the Pfalz Dr.I when decals arrive, having another go at the SS D.I since I hated how the paint scheme turned out, looking towards a Roland D.IIa for the Eastern Front, and one more crazed idea...a Euler D.I! I posted about this obscure plane last year, and might tackle one in one of two directions:

1. Ares Chaput N.11 repaint, cutting off the Lewis gun or
    2. Reduced Aircraft Factory Shapeways N.16 with the synchronized gun
  2. Another Escadrille Americaine Repaint!

Name:  20230509_200335.jpg
Views: 1417
Size:  38.0 KB

Starting with another Ares Chaput as the base plane, I have created the Nieuport N.11 of Victor Chapman, the first pilot in N.124 to be killed in combat. A few coats of AK Clear Doped Linen Version 2, some crimson on the wheel covers, and then the addition of the historically accurate roundels on the top wing and we have a nice addition to the N.124 collection. The roundels on the underside of the wings are still the French ones, as found on the actual ...
  3. Lawrence Rumsey's N.11

UPDATE: Decided to redo the "brown" from the original Chaput as that "brown" was not brown at all. Then got motivated to match the green a bit as well. Still need to add RUM to both sides.
    Name:  20230506_182904.jpg
Views: 1141
Size:  154.0 KB

I have been slowly working on this aircraft over the last few months. This is Lawrence Rumsey's N.11 from the Escadrille Americaine. Rumsey is best known for his drinking and his blinding of squadron mascot Whiskey in one eye.

Updated 05-11-2023 at 10:08 by predhead

Categories
    Repaints
  4. Diving Back In

More like a slow dive....

I had sold all my Wings stuff a couple of years ago as I wanted to focus on WWI air combat using Check Your 6. To be honest, I enjoy CY6 more than I do Wings (heretic, right?). I feel like CY6 provides a better feel as well as more realistic maneuvers for our little planes on the tabletop. I had quite a collection of aircraft with some modified paint jobs, extra decks, ace skill cards, tools of the trade, etc., etc. Sold it really for a song, but I also ...