Ares Games

Ramblings Over the Front

The occasional post of my Wings of War/Glory gaming and collecting.

1. My Kingdom for...

Quote Originally Posted by predhead View Post
    ..a Thomas-Morse S-4C!

Name:  a79a8079dcd039471c113a77ed738bc78c9f5691.jpg
Views: 826
Size:  48.5 KB

It is a very small kingdom I offer, the size of a postage stamp really, but if Shapeways designers can provide us with the Curtiss JN-4 Jenny (thank you Colinwe), and the Kettering Bug (thanks Z's, Kampfflieger, and Columbia Aerodrome), then certainly we can see a Tommy! Did it see service? Yes, albeit as a trainer. But how cool is the Tommy? It was made in large numbers, became the iconic World War I movie plane
  2. New Display Model of the Tommy - National Museum of the United States Air Force

Recently on a trip with some great Check Your 6! gents we saw a new display in the lobby of the Air Force Museum. We all looked at the model, and came away with Sopwith Camel. I should have known better. It is a see through model of the Thomas-Morse Scout!

Great video of the model and its builder:

3. The Tommy

I took a few hours away from work last week to make a quick jaunt to the National Museum of the United States Air Force. My job is extremely busy during the holiday season (I am a director in an online retail call center with twenty-one different companies) and there are times I just need to break away. What would calm my soul? A visit to the Early Years Gallery at the museum!

I snapped several pictures while in the gallery, trying to get all "artsy" with my camera angles ...
  4. Spending Spree!

Oh Lord, do not let the better half see this post!

Because of my renewed interest in Wings of Glory, I have been buying items that continues to stoke my interest. My recent purchases are either directly related to Wings of Glory/War, or World War I reference materials. Over the last couple of months I have purchased the following:

Planes
    Airco DH.2
    Aviatik D.I
    Breguet BR.14 B2
    De Havilland D.H.4
    Fokker Dr.I
    Fokker E.III ...