Ares Games

Ramblings Over the Front

The occasional post of my Wings of War/Glory gaming and collecting.

1. Spending Spree!

Oh Lord, do not let the better half see this post!

Because of my renewed interest in Wings of Glory, I have been buying items that continues to stoke my interest. My recent purchases are either directly related to Wings of Glory/War, or World War I reference materials. Over the last couple of months I have purchased the following:

Planes
    Airco DH.2
    Aviatik D.I
    Breguet BR.14 B2
    De Havilland D.H.4
    Fokker Dr.I
    Fokker E.III ...
  2. Favorite Pfalz Poll

Yesterday I created a poll listing nearly all the Pfalz aircraft and asking forum members to vote. The poll can be found HERE. Take a few seconds and vote!

Updated 07-19-2013 at 09:02 by predhead

Tags: pfalz
    Categories
    Pfalz
  3. Pfalz Aircraft of WWI

Quote Originally Posted by predhead View Post
    Submit a Book Review
    Book Title:
    Pfalz Aircraft of WWI
    Author:
    Jack Herris
    ISBN:
    Category:
    Reference
    Format:
    Paperback
    Summary:
    (The original book has been reviewed before, but this new version has been greatly added to). Original review HERE.

The Centennial version of this all-inclusive look at Pfalz aircraft of Great War has been greatly expanded from the original 2001 effort. Consisting of hundreds of black and white photographs as well as over eighty color illustrations,

Updated 07-19-2013 at 09:03 by predhead

Categories
    Pfalz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  
  4. Shapeways and the Pfalz

For the last few weeks I have been doing several flyovers at the Shapeways site. I have been able to resist purchasing anything to this point because I am lazy. I like the fact that I do not have to build, paint, and add decals in order to play Wings of War/Glory. Out of the box, onto the gaming table, simple. Add to the fact that at times the Shapeways products can be "gritty" looking has made it easier to resist the Shapeways temptation. That may have changed....

Updated 07-19-2013 at 09:03 by predhead

Categories
    Pfalz , Shapeways
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images