Ares Games

Ramblings Over the Front

The occasional post of my Wings of War/Glory gaming and collecting.

1. Spending Spree!

Oh Lord, do not let the better half see this post!

Because of my renewed interest in Wings of Glory, I have been buying items that continues to stoke my interest. My recent purchases are either directly related to Wings of Glory/War, or World War I reference materials. Over the last couple of months I have purchased the following:

Planes
    Airco DH.2
    Aviatik D.I
    Breguet BR.14 B2
    De Havilland D.H.4
    Fokker Dr.I
    Fokker E.III ...
  2. And We Keep Growing...

Our little band of gamers grows here on the Aerodrome. Four of us now grace the forum, and I hope to recruit a few more. Seems like a truly grand place with lots of helpful and friendly members. Besides myself, Smitch, Adler64, and The G Dog are onboard. We are all longtime miniatures gamers, with Adler64 and The G Dog getting me hooked years ago at college (Miami University) where they were doing a micro armor game. I had been a boardgamer for a number of years before that, an older cousin ...
  3. Aerodrome Accessories Orders/New Birds/Readings

Very recently I placed two orders a few days apart for some new toys. Rulers, fire and smoke markers (for scouts, bombers, and balloons), and three aircraft (Fokker E.III, Airco DH.2, and the Aviatik D.I). I wanted to enhance my gaming table a bit with the rulers and damage markers, and wanted a couple of early war kites to use. The Linke-Crawford Aviatik just looks so COOL I had to scoop up one of those as well.

Ordering from AA, as I am sure you all know, is very easy. Turnaround ...
  4. Resources

As I move forward with my Wings of War/Glory gaming project, I realized that I needed a place to put all the interesting sand necessary links I have been coming across on the World Wide Web. To that end I have created a Resources page, mostly a placeholder for things I know I will need to go back to from time to time. At this point there are links for online shops, wishlists, and a listing of my current Nexus/Ares collection. Of course I will be adding to it as I find more interesting sources ...