Ares Games

Table Top Flights

1. Polish-Soviet War II

While not a lot has happened on this front in terms of getting aircraft painted, I was able to grab a Sopwith Camel repaint that camelbeagle picked up I believe from an eBay purchase (if the Camel in the picture was painted by one of the members of this forum, please let me know!). I know of at least one Camel in the Kościuszko Squadron that was brought in by one of the British members of the unit, however the artwork I have seen has the squadron insignia closer towards the tail, and does not ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  
  2. Table Top Flights

Name:  20230715_071016.jpg
Views: 25149
Size:  69.0 KB
    The planes come labeled in ziplock style bags

I received my order from Table Top Flights the other day. Table Top Flights? Member mikejr74 is offering planes for a heck of a great price and they are very clean prints. The range is rather large, with both 1:144 World War One and 1:200 World War Two aircraft available. I'll leave it to him to post more about his products, but I am very happy with the quality of the prints and the service. I sent ...
  3. The Ponnier Project - Part III

Name:  20230707_093243.jpg
Views: 3325
Size:  213.0 KB

Closing in on the final painting touches, then off to sort decals, but the Table Top Flights' Ponnier is nearing completion!

Updated 07-15-2023 at 04:17 by predhead

Categories
    Table Top Flights
  4. The Ponnier Project - Part II

Name:  20230706_161633.jpg
Views: 3479
Size:  37.7 KB
    The ongoing saga of the best fighter of The Great War....

Name:  20230706_161649.jpg
Views: 3458
Size:  53.4 KB

Time to get moving a bit more forward on this project, the Ponnier M.1 made by 'Drome member mikejr74 (Table Top Flights). Today sees a coat of primer - well, it is really a coat of Testor Panzer Gray, but it works as a good primer. Keep in mind that the digital camera on the cell phone really makes everything stand out, and in this case the ...

Updated 07-15-2023 at 04:17 by predhead

Categories
    Table Top Flights
  5. Another Project - The Ponnier M.1

Name:  header2.jpg
Views: 2910
Size:  128.6 KB
    One of the smallest of Great War fighters, which might have led to its perceived poor performance as being nose heavy. Nungesser disliked the plane, and unknown (at the time) Willi Coppens did not want to fly it either. But Coppens would have had no "clout" in 1916, and Nungesser was performing acrobatics at 200 meters in an unfamiliar plane was led to him being injured.

However, I feel that the Ponnier has been unfairly represented. ...