BobP
05-03-2012, 13:42
Submit a Book ReviewBook Title:
Knight of Germany Author:
Prof. Johannes Werner ISBN:
978-1935149-11-8 Category:
History Format:
Hardback Summary:
i wasn't sure what to say about category. History/Bio or Auto Bio. The book is a compulation of Oswald Boelcke's letters to his parents. Gives a good insite from when he was in school to his being accepted in the military. He was in a signals unit and talked about having to learn Morse Code. I found that part enjoyable as that was my MOS in the Army. I was a Morse Intercept Operator. I guess this would be more of a daily diary by the letters he sent home. It is 271 pages with photos and a list of his victories. I enjoyed the read because it is a first hand account of his life.

Flying Officer Kyte
05-26-2013, 08:05
Just finished this book on your reccomendation Bob, and it is everything and more than you said.
The diary enteries are most enlightening as to the day to day activities of a Jasta. Also the way that contacts within the High Command could influence your progress through the ranks. What a meteoric accumulation of his last twenty kills were. You can only guess where he would have ended up if the accident had not taken place.
A super read.
Rob.